Stat I will be watching most is free throws | The Boneyard

Stat I will be watching most is free throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are a top ten free throw shooting team in the nation and we have gotten better as the season has progressed, but we are not very good at getting to the line. We settle for too many jumpers and 3 pointers and we are not a great shooting team. We need guys to aggressively drive to the hoop.

It is completely unacceptable that DHam has only attempted TWO free throws in the past 6 games and those two free throws were a result of him grabbing the late rebound in the Tulsa game and being fouled not him driving in on an offensive possession.

I don't want to see any more behind the back dribble, fading away jump shot from DHam, or soft floaters from Jalen, missed layups from Rodney, Gibbs taking 3s from 5 feet behind the arc. I hope to see strong aggressive moves to the rim that will either result in dunks/layups or trips to the foul line. Let's take advantage of our athleticism and free throw shooting.

sMU is not a deep team ( I think only have 6 or 7 players on scholarship) let's get them in foul trouble early and let's getto the free throw early and often. I want us to establish that we are going to be the bullies on the court from the get go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3
Top Bottom