Starting lineup predictions redux | The Boneyard

Starting lineup predictions redux

Reaction Score
With the open practice and the secret scrimmage in the books and Wilson out for the time being, what are your predictions for this year's lineup?

About a month back, I figured it would look like this:

Tarin Smith
Jalen Adams
Christian Vital
Kassoum Yakwe
Josh Carlton

I think now, I'll go with this

Alterique Gilbert (Best [only?] PG on the roster and Hurley seems infatuated with him..."he’s my kind of guard because he’s a junk yard dog" - kept him off on my list before because I think they would bring him along slowly but Hurley sounded impressed with him after the scrimmage)
Jalen Adams (no change here)
Tarin Smith (think he gets the start over Vital for seniority/leadership purposes)
Tyler Polley (starting 4 by Hurley's own admission a while back)
Eric Cobb (think Hurley rewards Cobb's hard work/dedication throughout the summer with a spot in the starting lineup)

Reaction Score
Adams, Gilbert, Polley, and Cobb for sure. Vital/Smith for the 3rd guard. I want Mamadou at the 4 once he comes back

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Gilbert, Adams, Vital, Polley, Carlton. Cobb’s good game changes nothing for me

Reaction Score
Adams (duh)
Gilbert (barring any injury concerns)
Vital (I think Smith comes off the bench because he can play more of a PG role. Also won conference 6th man of the year award so he is comfortable in that role)
Polley (need the shooting, first few games are gonna be against smaller teams)
Cobb (played better in the scrimmage, is a senior. I bet Carlton starts later in the year thought)

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Gilbert> Both our best players,
Adams>

Vital> Shooters, need them to provide spacing for our elite drivers.
Polley>

Carlton> Quick hook for Cobb if playing poorly.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Re-post this thread ten minutes before the first game. I can’t.

Reaction Score
Tarin Smith was A-10 sixth man of the year last year so i could see him sliding into that role this year and also provide hurley with a quick hook option for jalen if he shows no energy early on in games and for vital to keep his shot selection where hurley wants it.

Reaction Score
Carlton, Polley, Jalen, AG, and Vital for me. With TS, BA, EC and Whaley, Yawke coming off the bench. Take Vital out and put Diarra in there when he is healthy.

Reaction Score
I had Adams, Vital, Smith, Polley, Cobb.

Trading Adams/Vital for Gilbert/Adams. I agree tcf

Reaction Score
1)Gilbert - Smith
2)J.Adams - B.Adams
3)Vital - Wilson
4)Whaley - Diarra- Polley
5)Carlton - Yakwe - Cobb

My second biggest reason for optimism this season (after danny being there) is that Gilbert will finally be healthy and live up to his expectations.

I assumed danny brought Smith in to be a steady backup and presence in the locker room... He and Gilbert will split the minutes at PG.

Jalen obviously.

Their strength is in the back court so they have to play a 3 guard lineup (if not out of necessity). That leaves Vital until Wilson can (hopefully) get his act together seeing as he's probably the third most talented guy on the team.

Danny recently said Whaley "has been probably the most consistent of all our frontcourt players..." That praise implies a pretty low ceiling in the frontcourt...

With Polley's body being so "underdeveloped," (Danny's words not mine), things will not be going well if he's still getting a lot of run at the 4 come February...

All three Centers will play just because there's 15 fouls between them, but Carlton is the most well rounded on both ends of the floor and has flashed the most skill.

Yakwe is going to be the best defender of the three, and seeing as how Danny brought him into the program I think he edges Cobb out for PT. Then again, Cobb could be (hopefully) completely transformed after losing all that weight.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
what are the walk ons names this year?
Them plus Alterique are my projected starters . Rest of team is suspended

Reaction Score
The 4 is an interesting spot. 4 different options (mama, polley, Whaley, kwintin) all whom are meh but very different styles of 4. Polley the stretch shooter but limited otherwise, Whaley a versatile high IQ 4, mamadou our raw high energy physical presence, and kwintin the Rebounder / fouler

C

Chief00

What this post tells me is we have a lot of recruiting to do, especially in the front court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom