Starting Lineup change: Gilbert/Jackson for Purvis/Facey | The Boneyard

Starting Lineup change: Gilbert/Jackson for Purvis/Facey

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Wow, that's way more direct and sudden than I was expecting. A real wake up call to the guys that the best players play, no more getting minutes just because you have been here longer.

And that is the first step to improving as a program.

Reaction Score
Wow, that's way more direct and sudden than I was expecting. A real wake up call to the guys that the best players play, no more getting minutes just because you have been here longer.

Couldn't agree more, on all points. Hope it fires them up.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I also concur. I tuned into the game with 13 minutes left in the game. Grabbed the controls and looked at channel info to make sure I was watching UConn. Only name I heard was Larrier. Rightfully so. Seems like he was into the game and always had the ball. Very hard to watch. I am sure it will be different tonight.

Reaction Score
I don't think Ollie has ever had a problem benching anybody. That's why this move was clear as day immediately following the game.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
VANCE COMIN' !!

Reaction Score
I don't think Ollie has ever had a problem benching anybody. That's why this move was clear as day immediately following the game.
Yeah but benching two Seniors after the first game is still ballsy and rare. Good for Coach!

Reaction Score
If only he had Enoch in for Brimah!!
I watched the video again and its apparent Enoch needs minutes, for confidence, comfort understanding and production. The longer he stays benched the less experienced he will be and unready when called upon.

Let him play through his mistakes. I want to imagine and see a confident and 'unhinged' Enoch.

Reaction Score
After re-watching and even taking notes (was planning to post them here, but no time with next game soon), Purvis was even worse than I remembered. He made a few nice plays, including a really nice box-out (one of our few), but in general he made bad decisions with the ball, committed far too many turnovers, took questionable shots, and lost his man on defense a few times.

Facey also played pretty lousy defense, especially guarding the pick and roll. He doesn't give you much on offense either, except one nice play where he actually dribble penetrated and found Larrier for an open 3.

Gilbert played great on both sides of the ball, so that makes total sense. Jackson didn't make much of an impact honestly, but Enoch was atrocious (they hit like 3 3's when they dribbled right by him in PnR and forced the rest of our defense to collapse to contain it), so I'm not sure who else you run out there if you're set on replacing Facey.

Reaction Score
I would have just swapped Gilbert straight up for Facey, I mean unless Purvis is just more comfortable coming off the bench - and it seems like he is - we're just delaying the point where the best five players are on the court.

Reaction Score
Most likely KO watched the tape and saw what I saw, AB was not the main culprit in that loss.

His D was actually legit and most of the o-rebs weren't on him. Still somehow got 4 fouls, but a lot of that was tough spots on help D.

Reaction Score

Hopefully it doesn't backfire like Calhoun with Drummond.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Love it. Better see Mamadou get some minutes tonight, too!!

I can count the number of times I've agreed with you on one hand... but I was expecting to see more of Mamadou during our poor rebounding vs Wagner. Not sure why he didn't see the floor more. Hopefully that changes tonight.

Reaction Score
I don't like benching ur too returning scorer after one game. Unless u don't like something going on behind the scenes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Brimah sucks again tonight.

How many times does he get called for a foul going for defensive rebounds?

Reaction Score
This is going to be a long season. I am not sure the starting lineup is going to matter. There is absolutely no toughness at all on this team. I cannot remember any uconn team this soft on offense and certainly never ever seen a team this soft on defense. And unfortunately, toughness is very difficult to coach. Get ready for many blowouts when the team starts playing real competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom