let me know what you guys think.

Reaction Score
ok well I dont agree. I would have:

PG- Kendall Marshall
SG- Lamb
SF-Harrison Barnes
PF-Sullinger
PF-Terrence Jones

(Sullinger would probably play the 5 although I dont consider him a true center, I would go with a more athletic lineup than a big one)

Reaction Score
ok well I dont agree. I would have:

PG- Kendall Marshall
SG- Lamb
SF-Harrison Barnes
PF-Sullinger
PF-Terrence Jones

(Sullinger would probably play the 5 although I dont consider him a true center, I would go with a more athletic lineup than a big one)

your lineup isnt more athletic than the one i put up. Davis and Drummond are better and more athletic than the sullinger and jones front court. Terrence jones is a tweener but is better suited for the 3. Lamb is undisputed 2 guard. At point guard not a big difference between their games between shabazz and marshall except Kendall is bigger at 6'4.

Reaction Score
PG is real tough you got Marshall, Jordan Taylor, and Tu Holloway that you could make a serious case for, SG i know most on here love Lamb but Jason Clark is having a great start to the season and is being overlooked so far, Jones at the 3, Robinson at the 4, and Sully at the 5.

Reaction Score
If we are going with an "all star" line up then I want a pass first point guard running my team. I don't see a better PG that fills that description than Marshall.

Reaction Score
PG is real tough you got Marshall, Jordan Taylor, and Tu Holloway that you could make a serious case for, SG i know most on here love Lamb but Jason Clark is having a great start to the season and is being overlooked so far, Jones at the 3, Robinson at the 4, and Sully at the 5.

sullinger is too small for the 5 and drummond is better, bigger, more athletic. I do like thomas robinson. Jason Clark is good i like his game but hes a combo guard. Lamb is strictly a 2 in general. Point Guard is tough your right

Reaction Score
sullinger is too small for the 5 and drummond is better, bigger, more athletic. I do like thomas robinson. Jason Clark is good i like his game but hes a combo guard. Lamb is strictly a 2 in general. Point Guard is tough your right
athleticism can only get you so far brother if athleticism is the key wouldn't memphis have trounced the maui field instead of losing 2 of 3. If you are looking for the most atheltic lineup then Drummond or Anthony Davis is your guy but Sullinger right now is better than those two. You could be right be the end of the year but right now id take a more experienced Sully over Drummond or Anthony Davis who by the way has been very very impressive thus far.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If we are going with an "all star" line up then I want a pass first point guard running my team. I don't see a better PG that fills that description than Marshall.
scott machado

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
*bazz/craft(did have siva but i think he was injured or something), lamb*/Barton, Barnes*/Joseph, Robinson*/Jones, Sullinger*/Henson... had a lot of other players to add too,

Reaction Score
Bazz? Craft? Barton? You cant be serious.

PG- Tu Holloway
SG-Brad Beal
SF-Jeremy Lamb, I think Barnes is overated
PF-Jared Sullinger
C-Anthony Davis

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Bazz? Craft? Barton? You cant be serious.

PG- Tu Holloway
SG-Brad Beal
SF-Jeremy Lamb, I think Barnes is overated
PF-Jared Sullinger
C-Anthony Davis
yeah whats your point?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
We're currently the 8th or 10th ranked team in the country. We lost to a CUSA team that isn't expected to win the weak conference. To suggest at this point that we have 3 of the 5 best players at their position in the country is ridiculous. You can argue Lamb might be one and then the argument stops. Could it change in 2 or 3 months? Sure. But right now it's pure homerism to suggest such. Stop it. Let's try to look like a fan base that knows what it's talking about.

Reaction Score
Way too early to have this conversation. Only givens are Barnes and sullinger.

Reaction Score
Please tell me this is a joke right?
I really dont see how this is that bad. To me, Marshall is horrible at offense and so slow that hes a defensive liability. Hes a great passer, but that shouldnt make him the best pg in America. Barnes also cant really create his own shot. Hes severly limited one on one. Just read a great article on CBS from a scout that says Henson is greatly overrated. UNC's players are good collectively, but individually they're all overrated in my opinion. Sullinger should be on this list, but other than that I really dont see too many players that have an argument to be on it. Holloway is good but he plays in a weak conference. Theres other very good players but none that are definitively better than any on this list. Joe Jackson?? Whoever said that has to be kidding.

Reaction Score
Watching TV today, I think Barnes has solidified the SF spot. He's made some tough shots in a rockfight with Wisconsin. He looks the part.

Reaction Score
Im watching the UNC Wisconsin game. Barnes is literally a jump shooter. He doenst get any easy buckets. If hes having an off shooting game he can be shut down. To be the "best player in the country", you have to be more versatile than that. He cant beat you off the dribble and hes not explosive. If Lamb's shot isnt falling he can beat his man one on one and will either get some easy buckets or get to the line. On a side note, Taylor for Wisconsin looks awful which is surprising.

caw

Reaction Score
I'd go with this:

PG: Tu Holloway (love his game)
SG: Jeremy Lamb (duh)
SF: Robbie Hummel (really great start to the season)
PF: John Henson
C: Anthony Davis

I think the length at the 2, 4 and 5 would be dynamite and the 4/5 would protect the paint really well. Lamb and Hummel are fantastic all around players and Tu is a true lead PG. It's not that I don't like Barnes but I just think Hummel has been great so far.

Reaction Score
At this EXACT moment in the season... The best starting lineup is Ohio States starting lineup. If you want the best five between schools, it is:

Craft
J. Lamb
Barnes
Sullinger
A. Davis

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
At this EXACT moment in the season... The best starting lineup is Ohio States starting lineup. If you want the best five between schools, it is:

Craft
J. Lamb
Barnes
Sullinger
A. Davis
agreed but id like henson over davis

Reaction Score
Aaron Craft is not the best PG in the country.

And my point is Will Barton isnt a top ten wing in the country.

Reaction Score
We're currently the 8th or 10th ranked team in the country. We lost to a CUSA team that isn't expected to win the weak conference. To suggest at this point that we have 3 of the 5 best players at their position in the country is ridiculous. You can argue Lamb might be one and then the argument stops. Could it change in 2 or 3 months? Sure. But right now it's pure homerism to suggest such. Stop it. Let's try to look like a fan base that knows what it's talking about.

We surely know other players faults and limitations easily determined after watching them play on national TV once or twice. This board's speculation of our current and young talent is getting crazy. Based on who we have played so far its understandable that we look invincible. Many fans (or perhaps more-so students) will soon be humbled come conference play.

I think we need to play a game soon because there appears to be some boredom in these topics/threads, a week off is painful for us fans.

Reaction Score
agreed but id like henson over davis

You would take Henson over davis after what you saw last night when North Carolina got lucky to escape against Wisconsin at home. Anthony Davis the better overall player right now

Reaction Score
PG-BAZZ
SG-JL
SF-BARNES
PF-ROBINSON
C-SULLINGER

Ill take those five and beat anyone youve got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom