G-Calhoun
G-Boatright
G-Napier

C-Wolf
F Nolan
F Tolksdorf
G Giffey
G Evans

Depending on Daniels-it is possible Uconn could play 4 guards and insert Evans into starting line up.

Reaction Score
I agree with your 5, although I can see Giffey starting over Omar early on in the season.

Reaction Score
That five is awfully light in the pants

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Throw Tolksdorf in for some beef at the 4.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
boat-bazz
omar-evans
dd-gif
oface-tok
nolan-wolf

if bazz is 100% things change

Reaction Score
I agree with your 5, although I can see Giffey starting over Omar early on in the season.

I also see Giff starting at the beginning of the season or first practices. Its his to lose.

The 5 spot is the question, unless it's TO, then the 4 spot becomes the question.

Reaction Score
C-Olander, F-Daniels, F-Giffey, PG-Boatright, SG-Napier

Bench
C-PF Nolan
PF-SF Tolksdorf
SG Calhoun
PG-SG Evans

Foul Trouble Only

C-Wolf
SG-Allen

I just don't see Wolf contributing much with his skill level. Actually this year might be a worst fit than last year as we will probably be more of an untempo team. We are so thin up front though and this team will need to hit some 3's to stay in games.

Edit: from the Duffy Husky run article it does sound like they might go with 3 guards including Calhoun. Wow we will be like Villanova this year. Should be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Bradley avg 6 pts in HS?? And he transferred to like a Div III school, u really think he'd be a factor here?
Bradley was a Jim Calhoun recruit. JC was scouting Drummond in an all star fest in Orlando a few summers ago. Somehow Bradley either held his own, or outplayed Drummond.
The opportunity for him was here. He blew it, and isn't eligible to play D-1 this year as a transfer. As a result, instead of sitting out 3 straight years he enrolled in a juco.
What he could've done here, we'll never know. Point is, JC saw something in him.

Reaction Score
Bradley was a Jim Calhoun recruit. JC was scouting Drummond in an all star fest in Orlando a few summers ago. Somehow Bradley either held his own, or outplayed Drummond.
The opportunity for him was here. He blew it, and isn't eligible to play D-1 this year as a transfer. As a result, instead of sitting out 3 straight years he enrolled in a juco.
What he could've done here, we'll never know. Point is, JC saw something in him.

He also saw something in Jonathan Mandeldove. While Calhoun obviously identified many diamonds in the rough, let's not pretend he had a 100% hit ratio.

Reaction Score
for some reason i think:
5- Olander
4- Nolan
3- Daniels
2- Napier
1- Boat

5- Wolf
4- Tolk
3- Giffey
2- Omar
1- Evans

That second big in the starting lineup is the real question. And where and how will DD play.

Reaction Score
for some reason i think:
5- Olander
4- Nolan
3- Daniels
2- Napier
1- Boat

5- Wolf
4- Tolk
3- Giffey
2- Omar
1- Evans

That second big in the starting lineup is the real question. And where and how will DD play.

No way Nolan starts. And secondly, this is college basketball; you don't need two bigs in the starting lineup. We tried that last year, it didn't work. Playing small this year will be a breath of fresh air.

Daniels starts at the 4, and you'll be surprised to find that a player of his physique matches up evenly with 4's across the league.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
C/PF - Tyler Olander
F - Deandre Daniels
G/F - Niels Giffey
G - Shabazz Napier
G - Ryan Boatright

G - Omar Calhoun
C/PF - Phil Nolan
PF - Leon Tolksdorf
G - RJ Evans

Depending if Bazz' is healthy, Calhoun could start at first.

Reaction Score
Can't co-sign this post enough, I don't understand this board's obsession with size. Will there be times when Daniels is overmatched at the 4 against certain teams, of course. But how many times over the past few years have we seen smaller players dribble circles around AO or Gavin because they couldn't keep up with wings playing the PF spot. Sam Young is a SG/SF in the NBA but he regularly played the PF spot for Pitt, guys gotta stop focusing on what we usually trot out there and take a look around college basketball.

No way Nolan starts. And secondly, this is college basketball; you don't need two bigs in the starting lineup. We tried that last year, it didn't work. Playing small this year will be a breath of fresh air.

Daniels starts at the 4, and you'll be surprised to find that a player of his physique matches up evenly with 4's across the league.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I'd take speed and athleticism over our lethargic ability to defend the 3 last year.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Omar Calhoun will be in the starting lineup, if not right away, then before the Big East regular season starts. Just my humble opinion from seeing him work out. He's got a lot of tools in his arsenal.

Ryan Boatright at point and Tyler Olander in the post are the only sure-fire starters at the moment. Daniels, Calhoun, Napier, Tolksdorf, Giffey, and Nolan are fighting it out for the other three spots. Whichever three do not end up starting will still see lots of playing time anyway.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Well Shabazz will start if he's 100% healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom