Starting Five | The Boneyard

Starting Five

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
At this point in the season, we are 7-5 with a few days off before the matchup with Wichita State. Without using the names Gilbert or Wilson, using active players on our current roster, who would you like to see as your starting 5?

I'll wait to hear from a few folks before I post my list...

Reaction Score
At this point in the season, we are 7-5 with a few days off before the matchup with Wichita State. Without using the names Gilbert or Wilson, using active players on our current roster, who would you like to see as your starting 5?

I'll wait to hear from a few folks before I post my list...

Carlton, Whaley, Larrier, Adams and Vital.

I'd prefer to see fewer minutes for Cobb and Anderson (Anderson has been driving me crazy lately).

Spot minutes for Polley and Cobb, Anderson for a blow for Vital and Adams. I may have forgotten a player but I submit it is not my fault.

Reaction Score
The better question would be what lineup will we see for Wichita state game? Probably the 12th different one we have seen this year...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
The better question would be what lineup will we see for Wichita state game? Probably the 12th different one we have seen this year...

So do you have a starting five?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Adams, Vital, Larrier, Cobb, Diarra. I’d play Anderson much less. I’d play DO much much less. I’d play Polley more, Whaley about the same and Carlton about the same. Give Williams a few minutes.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Wow.

This thread has gone exactly the way that I thought it would. I mean EXACTLY the way that I thought it would!

Reaction Score
Adams, Vital, Larrier, Diarra, Cobb.

Carlton, Whaley, Polley next up as needed. I’d be fine with Carlton starting too, he’s going to be good. Anderson will play better, he’s just in a slump.

Reaction Score
Carlton, Whaley, Larrier, Adams and Vital.

I'd prefer to see fewer minutes for Cobb and Anderson (Anderson has been driving me crazy lately).

Spot minutes for Polley and Cobb, Anderson for a blow for Vital and Adams. I may have forgotten a player but I submit it is not my fault.

Same except I would start Anderson with Vital coming off the bench. I want Carlton to get minutes to gain experience. I like Whaley's energy and athleticism. Larrier still looks slow to me. Hopefully he will gain confidence. Still need Adams to take over!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Alright, I'll put mine up now for full disclosure.

Diarra, Whaley, Larrier, Vital, Adams.

Adams has to run the point for me. And it looks like everyone in this thread who answered seriously believes what I believe; that we need 2 bigs in the game with Larrier at the 3. And I'd have Williams in for Whaley and Carlton / Cobb in for Diarra, depending on which one is playing better.

But for me, Diarra, Whaley, and Williams are the high-energy folks and their play needs to be maximized in my opinion...

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Alright, I'll put mine up now for full disclosure.

Diarra, Whaley, Larrier, Vital, Adams.

Adams has to run the point for me. And it looks like everyone in this thread who answered seriously believes what I believe; that we need 2 bigs in the game with Larrier at the 3. And I'd have Williams in for Whaley and Carlton / Cobb in for Diarra, depending on which one is playing better.

But for me, Diarra, Whaley, and Williams are the high-energy folks and their play needs to be maximized in my opinion...

I coached (different sport) for 28 years. After a few low effort losses, I benched all but one starter for a few games, and played the kids who busted their asses on and off the court.

We lost most of these games, but it was the best and most satisfying move I ever made as a coach.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I coached (different sport) for 28 years. After a few low effort losses, I benched all but one starter for a few games, and played the kids who busted their asses on and off the court.

We lost most of these games, but it was the best and most satisfying move I ever made as a coach.

I'm the same way (different sport also).

I would also toy with the idea of not having Larrier and Adams on at the same time for large stretches of the game. I'd prefer some way where they're only together a couple of minutes before one of the two gets a sub. It sounds crazy because they are our two best scorers, but I actually think it's necessary...

Reaction Score
Adams, Vital, Whaley, Larrier, Cobb. Bring in Diarra, Carlton and Polley. Limited Anderson to give the guards a rest.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score

I'd whole heartedly support doing this with the team. The season is down the tubes before conference play has even started and out only hope is to win the AAC (and with Cinci and Wichita we all know that's not happening). No harm in doing it. I'd support it just for the schadenfreude aspect of it.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I'd whole heartedly support doing this with the team. The season is down the tubes before conference play has even started and out only hope is to win the AAC (and with Cinci and Wichita we all know that's not happening). No harm in doing it. I'd support it just for the schadenfreude aspect of it.

I don't think it takes a season to send that message to the starters. I think it takes 1 game...

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Average out your last two posts and you could temporarily ban the 5 most critical posters (just be sure to use the word "effort") and make a lot of people.

Reaction Score
We don't have a top tier D1 starting 5 no matter how you configure it.

Just root for the Huskies all year as I will. We aren't good in the AAC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t know if anyone noticed this today but we don’t shoot the basketball well....From day one this year. We’ve seen 12-13 games of this so my question is this; what makes anyone think that it will make one iota of difference who the starting five is?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom