Starting 4 odds | The Boneyard

Starting 4 odds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we assume we don't get stone or any 5th year what do you think our starting 4 odds are next year. To start the season I would put them at.
Nolan 3 to 2
Lubin 5 to 1
Facey 6 to 1
Enoch 10 to 1 ( I don't see us starting the year with 2 freshmen in the starting 5)

Thoughts?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If we assume we don't get stone or any 5th year what do you think our starting 4 odds are next year. To start the season I would put them at.
Nolan 3 to 2
Lubin 5 to 1
Facey 6 to 1
Enoch 10 to 1 ( I don't see us starting the year with 2 freshmen in the starting 5)

Thoughts?
If everyone is here next season I'd switch Facey for the Rock. But one, or the group as a whole, has to be significantly more productive than what that position provide this season for UConn to be decent.

Reaction Score
If everyone is here next season I'd switch Facey for the Rock. But one, or the group as a whole, has to be significantly more productive than what that position provide this season for UConn to be decent.

Thats the way I had it originally had it but I could see lubin starting if Ollie essentially opts to ignoring scoring out of the position and just goes for a banger, if Amida can improve his offense I actually like that as the best option. I don't think Lubin has much desire to score other than put backs and dump offs, which may be the best thing for us from the 4.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Thats the way I had it originally had it but I could see lubin starting if Ollie essentially opts to ignoring scoring out of the position and just goes for a banger, if Amida can improve his offense I actually like that as the best option. I don't think Lubin has much desire to score other than put backs and dump offs, which may be the best thing for us from the 4.
Kentan can be a rebounding machine. He's got the most potential to get offensive rebounds of all the bigs. His problem is getting lost on both ends of the court something PN and AB figured out by the end of their fist full year of playing. Furthermore he struggles to box out. So it's a toss up with him and the Rock who can box out and seemed to know where to be on both ends. The upside is so much greater for Kentan but who knows if he can figure things out.

Reaction Score
enoch looks like the best prospect among the bigs. His feet move far better than any of our bigs and he is 235 and 6'10. Makes sense since he is the highest ranked big since drummond and oriakhi. KO will give him the opportunity to earn minutes the same he does with all his players.

Reaction Score
enoch looks like the best prospect among the bigs. His feet move far better than any of our bigs and he is 235 and 6'10. Makes sense since he is the highest ranked big since drummond and oriakhi. KO will give him the opportunity to earn minutes the same he does with all his players.

I could see enoch starting by mid season if he can show some of his potential and some toughness which I think he can. Going into the year though I can't see him displacing nolan in the lineup.

Reaction Score
That's too low for Facey, considering he actually was the starting 4 to begin last year (btw, thank God we get to call it "last year" now).

I would say:

Facey - 45%
Nolan - 35%
Lubin - 10%
Enoch - 5%
Hamilton - 5% (in a very small lineup)

Reaction Score
Adams->Samuel
Calhoun->Cassell
Purvis-->Facey
Hamilton->Enoch->Lubin
Brimah->Nolan

Come at 'em with the goon squad off the bench

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Nnamdi Amilo EVEN
Ryan Swaller 2 to 1
Marty Gagne 3 to 1
Nick Forostoski 5 to 1
Jason Baisch 7 to 1
Ben Spencer 8 to 1
Osazee Omokaro 10 to 1

Reaction Score
Nnamdi Amilo EVEN
Ryan Swaller 2 to 1
Marty Gagne 3 to 1
Nick Forostoski 5 to 1
Jason Baisch 7 to 1
Ben Spencer 8 to 1
Osazee Omokaro 10 to 1
Marty Gagne carried on that Rockville High (my alma mater) walkon pipeline after Pete McCann years earlier. McCann is now a history teacher/ the hoops coach at RHS. His claim to fame around town is quitting the team before the 99 year

Reaction Score
Marty Gagne carried on that Rockville High (my alma mater) walkon pipeline after Pete McCann years earlier. McCann is now a history teacher/ the hoops coach at RHS. His claim to fame around town is quitting the team before the 99 year

I taught briefly at Rockville and Pete's class was next door to mine. Absolutely awesome guy, though I believe he left before the 97-98 season to do his student teaching.

caw

Reaction Score
The starting four is the big question isn't it. Assuming everyone is back and no more additions a lot depends on how Hamilton and Purvis improve and how well Adams can play. Have to believe they start along with Brimah.

From there, there are two routes to go, start Hamilton at the four or start two bigs.

If it's Hamilton, then it's either Calhoun or Samuel likely starting at the two (if everyone improves enough, that is feasible with Samuel in the Ricky Moore role).

If it's two bigs, you probably should go with the best rebounder next to Brimah, which may be Facey. Have Nolan, Lubin and Enoch as backups. Nolan seemed more comfortable at the four to end the year and maybe he would fit well with Enoch.

Hopefully Cassell can be a solid 4th guard if no one else is signed.

I love Boatright bc he was such a good defensive player for his height but next years team should have more defensive flexibility with Adams.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
RHS alum here too

Reaction Score
I taught briefly at Rockville and Pete's class was next door to mine. Absolutely awesome guy, though I believe he left before the 97-98 season to do his student teaching.
You might be right on the year thing. I just know he had a chance to be on the title team and wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom