Starters vs Monmouth | The Boneyard

Starters vs Monmouth

Reaction Score
It's about time we started the best 5 players. Adams,Vital,Anderson,Diara,and Larrier. Our starts have been bad one ft. in the grave. Show us you want to win KO.. These guys have earned it.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
It's about time we started the best 5 players. Adams,Vital,Anderson,Diara,and Larrier. Our starts have been bad one ft. in the grave. Show us you want to win KO.. These guys have earned it.

Agree with your suggested starting 5 today. The only one I have some hesitation on is Diarra. He has been inconsistent in my view, but coming off a decent game this past Wednesday, I think it makes sense. We need his size and some ability to score inside. If it doesn't work, he can always replace him. Monmouth is a decent team. It is a good test for where we're at right now. I think they will be the best team we've played outside of the PK 80 tournament. I win would mean we're not as bad as we are concerned that we are, and a loss would mean, yeah, we are headed for real trouble with some tough games on the horizon. If Gilbert is going to be MIA on and off throughout the season then we need to establish another solid player. It could be Diarra, Carlton, Whaley or Cobb in my view. Maybe Polley but he still looks very green to me.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Agree with your suggested starting 5 today. The only one I have some hesitation on is Diarra. He has been inconsistent in my view, but coming off a decent game this past Wednesday, I think it makes sense. We need his size and some ability to score inside. If it doesn't work, he can always replace him. Monmouth is a decent team. It is a good test for where we're at right now. I think they will be the best team we've played outside of the PK 80 tournament. I win would mean we're not as bad as we are concerned that we are, and a loss would mean, yeah, we are headed for real trouble with some tough games on the horizon. If Gilbert is going to be MIA on and off throughout the season then we need to establish another solid player. It could be Diarra, Carlton, Whaley or Cobb in my view. Maybe Polley but he still looks very green to me.

At this point, play a good game and get the next start. Period. Not a single player on that court has done anything to earn grace into the starting lineup.

Reaction Score
Best way to build consistency is to consistently start.

Reaction Score
If Diarra can't play more than 20 minutes without fouling out, what difference does it make if he starts. (And yes, I'd start him but it just doesn't matter.)

If we start 3 guards when we only have 3 guards to play, that likely means we will be playing down the stretch minutes with one of them resting. I'd rather start Polley and have all 3 guards on the court down the stretch.

Reaction Score
Diarra has had one good game. Id slow your roll. He has potential, but if we want a strong start, it MUST include numerous Adams pick n rolls. Thats his strength... the best man for the screeners job is DO by long shot. He takes great angles, just has no offense at all

Reaction Score
Adams, Polley, Larrier, Carlton and another guy.

Reaction Score
Monmouth draws a ton of fouls. Won't matter who we start, all the bigs will be playing at some point due to foul trouble.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Adams Anderson Polly larrier Carlton

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="businesslawyer, post: 2450492, memb
If we start 3 guards when we only have 3 guards to play, that likely means we will be playing down the stretch minutes with one of them resting. I'd rather start Polley and have all 3 guards on the court down the stretch.[/QUOTE]

This !!!!! But what bothers me the most is we only have 4 scholarship guards which makes it difficult to run a 3 guard offense even with all 4 guards available and healthy. With one unavailable due to injury or fouling out, realistically we won't be able to run 3 guards. If we lose AG, the 3 guard offense is only a dream. Someone answer me, why we only have 4 guards on the roster when we are a guard orientated team and one the guards is coming off a serious year-ending injury ???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom