Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Possible lineup of
1/2 Adams
1/2 Gilbert
3 Purvis
4 possibly larrier/durham/Jackson/Facey
5 brimah

Very good defensive lineup with also being able to score.
Thoughts?

Reaction Score
this would be a fun lineup to watch as they will be able to take teams in transition but rebounding will be a problem

Reaction Score
Possible lineup of
1/2 Adams
1/2 Gilbert
3 Purvis
5 brimah

Thoughts?
Do you know something the rest of us don't regarding Enoch and Diarra not being on next year's team?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Uh, as of right now, those are our only three guards.

Where's the bench?

Reaction Score
Possible lineup of
1/2 Adams
1/2 Gilbert
3 Purvis
5 brimah

Thoughts?
Don't like it at least full time. We already have rebounding problems and this lineup makes things worse. What we really need is for Enoch to improve and step up even to the point of bringing Brimah off the bench.
I like this better:
Adams
Gilbert
Purvis/Jackson/Diarra
Enoch/Brimah
Larrier/Durham/Facey

Reaction Score
At least for the start of the season. Gilbert will have to come off the bench.

We have TWO high level ball handlers on the team. That's a serious problem. Unfortunately they can't both play 40 mins every game.

I love the 3 guard lineup. I'd be fine with a 4 guard lineup if 3 of them could create (which just means they can dribble the ball well). With the bigs we have, we have to spread the floor to be successful.

Hopefully one of Jackson, Larrier, Purvis shows enough creating skill. If they do, We will be a different team than we think right now.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
We have TWO high level ball handlers on the team. That's a serious problem. Unfortunately they can't both play 40 mins every game.

Are you saying that having ONLY two ball handlers is a serious problem? Or that they is too many? Because having two ball handlers is an absolute requirement. Bazz/Boat, Kemba/Bazz, Taliek/Gordon, Marcus W/???. Notice the pattern? We lost in 2006, largely because we didn't have that 2nd ball handler.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We will not start all of our guards. When Ollie gets another (hopefully Vidal) this conversation will be relevant for certain scenarios. Pointless to discuss this now.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Meh , re rebounding.
I see rebounding as an issue people talk about all the time but there is more than one way to skin a cat. Our 2014 team rebounding was led by a 6 foot point guard ( until the very end of the season when DD barely edged him out)

I would like to see 2004 walk through the door as much as anyone, but I'm of the mind you put your best team on the floor and then find a way.

Reaction Score

Where's the bench?
My though not exactly. before Hamilton declared for the draft and decided to sign with an agent, I felt that going with that 3 guard offense was a possibility because you can always move Hamilton to the 2 because of his ball-handling skills if needed. Unless they pick up another guard, Ollie has to be very careful with how he uses those three players. Not only do you have to worry about early foul trouble where we are down to one guard, you also have to be concerned about fatigue. They really need to pick up another guard who can contribute right away, or at least develop into an option midway through the season.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
They really need to pick up another guard who can contribute right away, or at least develop into an option midway through the season.

Honestly my biggest worry RE next year at the moment. For me, a big is far behind in terms of needs.

And heaven help us if Purvis leaves. That would sink the season if they couldn't pick up another high quality guard plus a good bench guy.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Honestly my biggest worry RE next year at the moment. For me, a big is far behind in terms of needs.

And heaven help us if Purvis leaves. That would sink the season if they couldn't pick up another high quality guard plus a good bench guy.
I think and pray that KO knows exactly what RP is doing
If he returns, I will be happy
It he doesn't, as with DH, I am quite sure KO has plans - I think KO had an inkling DH was leaning towards leaving

Reaction Score
Possible lineup of
1/2 Adams
1/2 Gilbert
3 Purvis
5 brimah

Thoughts?
I

Reaction Score
We need to get rebounds on both sides of the ball. Diarra is 6 eleven 200 and sitting out this year, and along with Facey and AB all we have is stringbeans. I'm hoping Enoch becomes a serious contibuting part of the rotation. 3 guards fine for stretches but we could get beat up down low.

Reaction Score

Where's the bench?

He didn't put the bench. That's the starting lineup. The reason there are several names at the four is because we're not sure who gets that spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom