Stars @ Sun - 7/16/17 | The Boneyard

Stars @ Sun - 7/16/17

Reaction Score
Once again "blacked out" by League Pass, at least up here in the Boston area. Why do they keep doing that with Sun games?

Tuning into the Mystics Liberty instead.

Reaction Score
Just got back from the game. Sun turned it up in the second half and SAN did their now customary second half dive. Mo didn't have a great game - got the ball stolen a couple of times! Also got hit in the face. Morgan had some nice moments working her way back in.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Rebecca Logo interviewed Jas on the way off the floor at haltfime. She said the Sun has to play harder and be more disruptive. Well they sure did that! The 3rd quarter started with an 18-4 Sun run and featured a team record 8 steals, 2 each by each starter not named Jonquel.

Chicago away next... With EDD and Taylor Hill out for Washington, they lost and fell a full game behind the 4th place Sun.

Last edited:

psconn

Reaction Score
Chicago away next... With EDD and Taylor Hill out for Washington, they lost and...

CORRECTION: New York Liberty next.

psconn

Reaction Score
Once again "blacked out" by League Pass, at least up here in the Boston area. Why do they keep doing that with Sun games?

Tuning into the Mystics Liberty instead.
I'm guessing it is a contractual arrangement with CSN, which broadcast the game.

Reaction Score
I can better understand blacking out a home game to get the fans to go to the game. It is so ridiculous that a game in LA or San Antonio, or Chicago is blacked out to fans in CT! That's not effecting the gate!
For a big time league they sure shoot themselves in the foot with questionable decisions!

Reaction Score
NBA Network blacked out the Mercury's away game in Phoenix today" But Fox Sports Arizona showed it. Maybe the 'contract' had to do with Fox...???

psconn

Reaction Score
I can better understand blacking out a home game to get the fans to go to the game. It is so ridiculous that a game in LA or San Antonio, or Chicago is blacked out to fans in CT! That's not effecting the gate!
For a big time league they sure shoot themselves in the foot with questionable decisions!
Again, I don't think it the gate that is the issue. I'm saying if CSN or another network contracted with the WNBA/Sun for the exclusive live broadcast rights to a game, home or away, they expect that they will be the only place to see the game live in their broadcast area. It was available on League Pass shortly afterward for those in our area without access to CSN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom