OT: Stanley Cup Finals | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Stanley Cup Finals

Reaction Score
This reminds me of bruins vs canucks in 2011, Canucks were up 3-2 same scenario here. Blues haven't won a cup so don't know what it takes to win one and Bruins do, the cheap shots by the Blues at the end does them no favors either Bruins got this.

Reaction Score
It is baffling to me that the nhl, who typically are at the top of the pro sports leagues in terms of officiating, are taking more grief than the clown car idiots in the nba, who buried at the bottom with the nfl, so far behind everyone else that they can’t even see them.

Could be that the officiating in the playoffs has been embarrassingly bad - far worse than the NBA - and has directly determined the outcome of several games and at least one series. I mean, people love to moan about the refs in the NBA, but there's been nothing even approaching the abject disaster that the NHL refs have been this post-season.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Could be that the officiating in the playoffs has been embarrassingly bad - far worse than the NBA - and has directly determined the outcome of several games and at least one series. I mean, people love to moan about the refs in the NBA, but there's been nothing even approaching the abject disaster that the NHL refs have been this post-season.

Yes, that Is the baffling part.

The nba and nfl are great are snatching defeat from the jaws of victory for teams. It’s what they do best.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
In this series between these two teams, it's almost as if the road team holds a slight advantage. When these two teams are at home, they tend to play over their heads and try to make pretty passes instead of just getting pucks to the net. Bruins' 2nd goal was a great illustration of the rewards that come from getting pucks to the net instead of looking to make a pretty pass. The Bruins fell victim of over-passing in game 5 and the Blues followed suit in game 6. Meanwhile, the road teams have all played great "road games": physical, tenacious forecheck, and simple scoring chance plays in the offensive third.

Bitter Whaler fan aside: I do appreciate that the Bruins 3 wins have all been by big enough margins that I can safely turn the channel away from the game to pout and not worry that I'm going to miss a Blues comeback.

the Q

Reaction Score
I think hockey ref would be an awesome job.

You gotta stay in great shape doing that.

the Q

Reaction Score
Binnington flat out stealing this game

Reaction Score
I think past cups will play a role in this period the Blues are known choke artists that will be the case here.

Reaction Score
I think past cups will play a role in this period the Blues are known choke artists that will be the case here.
Eh?

Pietrangelo will probably have his number retired by the Blues if they hold on. Binnington Conn Smythe winner?

Reaction Score
I don't usually watch hockey, but its a Game 7 so I tuned in. Sorry Boston, can't win them all. (Not sorry)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What a miserable game. It was like watching UConn Soccer used to be. They dominate play, possession, chances and yet the other team buries what few chances they get. Congratulations to the Blues and their long suffering fans. Props to Binnington who was fantastic last night and O’Reilly who was superb all series and should be MVP.

Reaction Score
Hey. I still remember the Civic Center being invaded by Bruins fans every time they played the Whalers. They'd usually kick our rear end on the ice, then be loud and arrogant in the bars afterwards. Hopefully some of those same people walked back to the T with a sour puss and sore fanny last night.

And an additional "up yours" to that obnoxious teenage kid who shows up at every parade with his title sign. Maybe next year, nerd.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There was a whole lot of chicken counting on Boston sports radio yesterday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom