OT: Stanley Cup Finals | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Stanley Cup Finals

Reaction Score
If we're gonna get strict about these things, then the only folks who'd likely qualify are Olympic decathletes.
No but speed, strength, and leaping ability are paramount to most people when it comes to athleticism.

Every one of those Olympic decathletes would play basketball if they could.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
No but speed, strength, and leaping ability are paramount to most people when it comes to athleticism.

Every one of those Olympic decathletes would play basketball if they could.

Meh. If I'm on a team with James Harden (or going back in time, AI), I don't think I'd be having much fun. I want to shoot too...

fwiw, I was tall and fairly athletic. Not an Olympic decathlete. But I never liked actually playing basketball. Too easy to score points.

Reaction Score
Meh. If I'm on a team with James Harden (or going back in time, AI), I don't think I'd be having much fun. I want to shoot too...

fwiw, I was tall and fairly athletic. Not an Olympic decathlete. But I never liked actually playing basketball. Too easy to score points.
I meant nobody would be doing the decathlon if they could make 12 million per year playing basketball instead.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
We can argue about athleticism between sports, but I think there's no argument that the most taxing announcing job in sports is play-by-play guy in hockey.

Reaction Score
We can argue about athleticism between sports, but I think there's no argument that the most taxing announcing job in sports in play-by-play guy in hockey.

Mike Emerick is amazing!

Reaction Score
How annoying is it to fans of other teams that Marchand is so good?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Mike Emerick is amazing!

Emerick is a Pirates fan and pretty much every year he stops in the booth to do an inning of baseball. Must be like a beach vacation for him.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
How annoying is it to fans of other teams that Marchand is so good?

Probably frosts their butt like a 3 ft tall snow cone.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If we're gonna get strict about these things, then the only folks who'd likely qualify are Olympic decathletes.

Bo Jackson would be on that list. Jim Brown too. But it’s irrelevant. If Athlete as we ,eat it means performer in a sport, much of it is mental and much is vision, hand eye coordination etc. Tom Brady isn’t half the “athlete” Michael Vick was, but he’s a much better QB.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Bruins held the edge in play in the first period. As predicted, the refs tightening up a bit, and the play has more flow. More speed. St. Louis can play that game, guys like O’Reilly and Tarsnaov can move, but it favors the Bruins on the whole. Boston Defenseman in particular are better pick movers and skaters.

Reaction Score
Emerick is a Pirates fan and pretty much every year he stops in the booth to do an inning of baseball. Must be like a beach vacation for him.

I'd love to hear him call baseball

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Where was the roughing call on that? Such nonsense.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Just looked up O’Reilly’s contract. Blues traded for him and have him for 4 more years. He’d be an ideal Bruin. Damn.

Reaction Score
St Louis looks dumb celebrating early now. Kind of wish I got a game 7 ticket.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So, my thug comment might apply after all. What poor sportsmanship from a low class team. Cross checking with intent to injure when the game is over.

Reaction Score
Bruins are the Bruins, Blues are the Blues the end.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought that he officiating was just fine
I got the Belmont wrong, too. But still plenty of time for you guys to end up crying in your beer.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I thought that the officiating was just fine

They missed a few things. But generally set the tone by calling it tighter. That's all that matters for Boston. The Blues had 29 hits, compared to 43-50 in the games they won. Boston was able to use its speed.

Reaction Score
They missed a few things. But generally set the tone by calling it tighter. That's all that matters for Boston. The Blues had 29 hits, compared to 43-50 in the games they won. Boston was able to use its speed.

Well I mean it’s not like I said they were great...

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Well I mean it’s not like I said they were great...

It is baffling to me that the nhl, who typically are at the top of the pro sports leagues in terms of officiating, are taking more grief than the clown car idiots in the nba, who buried at the bottom with the nfl, so far behind everyone else that they can’t even see them.

Maybe that 2 minute report is helping.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It is baffling to me that the nhl, who typically are at the top of the pro sports leagues in terms of officiating, are taking more grief than the clown car idiots in the nba, who buried at the bottom with the nfl, so far behind everyone else that they can’t even see them.

Maybe that 2 minute report is helping.

My guess? Officiating in the NBA is always bad, and in the playoffs is, essentially, as normal. Bad but bad in the usual way.

Officiating in the NHL is pretty good. In the playoffs, the refs have adjusted to an increase in intensity and physicality by swallowing their whistles. They aren't making the calls they usually make.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom