Stanford up 22 against MD at the half | The Boneyard

Stanford up 22 against MD at the half

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
MD has some injuries and no defense. The game is on flo hoops

Reaction Score
Not a knock-me-over-with-a-feather moment. As in most years, I wasn't drinking the Maryland Kool Aid.
I agree generally, but a 31-point gap is…something else. It’s a good old fashioned rout.

Reaction Score
I wonder what's wrong with Stanford's backup center Prechtel ?
She played 16 minutes on Thursday, 5 minutes yesterday and hasn't even entered today's game, despite a blowout by Stanford.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that Uconn hasn't lost two games in a row since 1993 and Maryland just lost two in a row in the past two days. That is a remarkable feat by our beloved sleddogettes over a 28 year period by many different players and against many different teams. Unbelievable.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's hard to say how good Maryland is. They are missing at least Miller, Benzan, and Masonius. But they lost 2 games by nearly 20 each.

What's up with the Stanford lineup? Jones comes off the bench and is scoreless, then she has a double-double. For 2 games, Brink looks like Wilt Chamberlain and then comes off the bench.

Reaction Score
It's hard to say how good Maryland is. They are missing at least Miller, Benzan, and Masonius. But they lost 2 games by nearly 20 each.

What's up with the Stanford lineup? Jones comes off the bench and is scoreless, then she has a double-double. For 2 games, Brink looks like Wilt Chamberlain and then comes off the bench.
Seemingly some cramping issues pregame.

Reaction Score
Stanford let up in the 4th quarter, bringing the second string and still won by 18. Maryland has lost back to back games by the same score against highly ranked teams.

Reaction Score
When the next poll comes out, Maryland should probably remain at number two since they played like number two all week, but seriously , when the regular season ends they will be the winner of the big ten and will be a formidable foe come tourney time.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Maryland dressed seven players. Pretty tough to beat the reigning champs with a depleted arsenal. Perhaps they are a "fraud", but today is not the telling example needed to make that call.

Reaction Score
I think we're going to have this season a lot of experimenting with teams. Stanford is one of those teams that don't care what their record is when the season ends, they lost at Colorado last season and won it all.

Reaction Score
MD proving to be the fraud team they always are..
Without injured Diamond Miller who is one of the more dynamic wings in the college game, and Benzan, one of the best perimeter shooters in the college game. When healthy, they will be a completely different team. As has been the case for the past few seasons, their defense will likely continue to be questionable at best.

Reaction Score
When the next poll comes out, Maryland should probably remain at number two since they played like number two all week, but seriously , when the regular season ends they will be the winner of the big ten and will be a formidable foe come tourney time.
For the AP Poll, I think MD should drop, but only to #6 below.
2. UConn
3. NC State
4. Stanford
5. Indiana

Baylor should drop to #7 by default imo.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that Uconn hasn't lost two games in a row since 1993 and Maryland just lost two in a row in the past two days. That is a remarkable feat by our beloved sleddogettes over a 28 year period by many different players and against many different teams. Unbelievable.
I just loved the term "sleddogettes"! Why didn't I ever think about that. :)

Reaction Score
As of right now my top 10 would be: South Carolina, N.C. State, Arizona, Maryland, Baylor, Stanford, Tennessee, Indiana, UConn, Iowa.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
To answer some questions:
-Prechtel was out sick, which is why she was not dressed and why they kept her seated away from the rest of the team.
-Brink vomited in a trash can shortly before the game started, which is why they also kept her away from the rest of the team, initially. I suspect she got tested (because she reportedly went to the locker room early in the game) and got a negative COVID test and then felt well enough to play.
-Jones is apparently recovering from an ankle sprain, and Tara said after the MD game that her healing progress has been remarkable, and probably explains why she seems to be playing much better today than at the start of the week.

While MD has never had an especially punishing defense, I really liked the looks we were bringing when Lacie Hull/Jump/Lexie Hull/Jones/Brink was our lineup. We need more outside shooting the space out the defense, and I think Jump and Demetre, as our most credible three-point threats, need to be in the game more. I really like Anna Wilson as a person and she is a credit to our program how much she has grown as a player over the years, but unless she resumes knocking down treys at a .400+ clip like she did last year, I just think she + Lacie Hull is too much of a subtraction on offense to warrant the benefit to our defense. Right now, Lacie is doing a credible job handling the point, but she will never be a consistent scorer, so we need four other players on the floor who will be.

This game, Tara opted for an offense-first lineup, and while MD was down players and certainly isn't a defensive juggernaut even at full strength, I think we looked much more like a threat to repeat than we have in the last 4-5 games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom