Stanford Ohio State Redux | The Boneyard

Stanford Ohio State Redux

Reaction Score
I just saw on ESPN that they’re playing again today, even though they played three weeks ago.

Does anyone remember teams doing something like that before? Obviously people double up in conference, or sometimes in the post season. Don’t remember teams doing a double in the preconference season.

Reaction Score
I just saw on ESPN that they’re playing again today, even though they played three weeks ago.

Does anyone remember teams doing something like that before? Obviously people double up in conference, or sometimes in the post season. Don’t remember teams doing a double in the preconference season.
Yeah it's strange, but I think the original plan was for Ohio State to play UConn in that first game, and for Stanford to play Louisville.

Reaction Score
Yeah it's strange, but I think the original plan was for Ohio State to play UConn in that first game, and for Stanford to play Louisville.
What happened? UConn back out? :rolleyes:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Yeah, it's pretty unusual, but not completely unprecedented.

UConn and Tennessee doubled up on their nonconference showdown in 2000 and 2001. I also seem to recall at least a few years that Tennessee and Louisiana Tech did a home-and-away in the same season (back in the Leon Barmore days).

Oregon played at Texas A&M last week in the semifinal of the preseason WNIT, and they are scheduled to play again in Las Vegas on Dec. 21.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

Yes this is correct. Didn't really ever understand why but this is the case.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Stanford leads Ohio State after the first quarter. 19-13.

Stanford is still without McPhee.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Stanford leads Ohio State after the first quarter. 19-13.

Stanford is still without McPhee.

Anyone know what McPhee's issue is? All I've found is undisclosed injury, day-to-day. She's been out two weeks, which seems kinda long for a day-to-day undisclosed injury.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Anyone know what McPhee's issue is? All I've found is undisclosed injury, day-to-day. She's been out two weeks, which seems kinda long for a day-to-day undisclosed injury.
Foot injury is what I've heard.

Reaction Score
What happened? UConn back out? :rolleyes:

Yea---You know that Auriemma--no gutz, waits around and only plays cup cakes. The fear of Ohio state in the Uconn locker room was palpable; so Ohio St left them off the hook and Uconn played a weak Stanford, as usual! Typical Geno!! Geno CC Auriemma

Reaction Score
Great kid, good scoring machine, I hope she has some minor injury and is back soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom