Stanford NonConf | The Boneyard

Stanford NonConf

Reaction Score
I figured they’d play a lot of west coast games as they settle in to ACC travel.

8 home, 1 in SF, and 2 road games (at Indiana and LSU

IMG_7842.jpeg

Reaction Score
Wish they could have worked something out with Oregon State as well perhaps for those three Pac 12 left behinds to play home and home non-conf games annually. Sort of a thumbing at all those schools that jumped ship and crumbled away the historic conference.

Otherwise, I like this schedule. Not cupcake city at all.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I figured they’d play a lot of west coast games as they settle in to ACC travel.

8 home, 1 in SF, and 2 road games (at Indiana and LSU

View attachment 103340
Couldn't be happier we passed on playing U$C, FUcla, Oregon and Washington. I don't blame Arizona, Arizona State and Utah as much. And agree - would love to have seen a game against OreSU. All in all, a great schedule and lots of early tests for a young team that lost the last vestiges of the 2021 Title team with Brink in the W and Tara enjoying her lap swims.

Reaction Score
I'm an unofficial member of the Stanford fan club this season. Can't say the same about Cal because there is a chance Vandy will play them in a Thanksgiving tournament. Don't want any good mojo going their way as yet. We'll see how it goes.

Reaction Score
Looking at Stanford’s roster, there’s actually a lot more talent than I thought. I made a post a few months ago referencing a bare cupboard but that was ignorance on my part as they actually have a reasonably deep roster. Definitely missing star power, but maybe someone will have a monster breakout year like Iriafen did. Tess Heal could be a star but it’s a big step up in competition.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Looking at Stanford’s roster, there’s actually a lot more talent than I thought. I made a post a few months ago referencing a bare cupboard but that was ignorance on my part as they actually have a reasonably deep roster. Definitely missing star power, but maybe someone will have a monster breakout year like Iriafen did. Tess Heal could be a star but it’s a big step up in competition.
This roster is reminiscent to me of the late 2010 years before the Kiana Williams/Hulls/Jones/Brink recruiting gold mine era, and where folks like Brittany McPhee, Dijonai Carrington, and Alanna Smith broke out after being relatively unheralded as recruits. It'll be interesting to see who our stars are this year because boy is there a lot of runway available after Brink's draft and Iriafen's apostasy (I half - half - joke). And hey, Carrington and Smith have turned out to be legitimate stars in the W.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
And hey, Carrington and Smith have turned out to be legitimate stars in the W.
Not to mention Karlie has had a career that nobody expected. I'm a little surprised McPhee barely got a look. I think the Storm drafted her but cut her right away, don't recall ever hearing about her being in anybody's camp since then.

Reaction Score
This roster is reminiscent to me of the late 2010 years before the Kiana Williams/Hulls/Jones/Brink recruiting gold mine era, and where folks like Brittany McPhee, Dijonai Carrington, and Alanna Smith broke out after being relatively unheralded as recruits. It'll be interesting to see who our stars are this year because boy is there a lot of runway available after Brink's draft and Iriafen's apostasy (I half - half - joke). And hey, Carrington and Smith have turned out to be legitimate stars in the W.
I still think Stanford is going to retain their Stanford Ways. Coach Vanderveer laid a pretty solid foundation and I strongly believe Coach Paye is going to continue that tradition, naturally with her own twist on things but overall, it will be the Stanford Way. I can't wait to them play.

Reaction Score
Wish they could have worked something out with Oregon State as well perhaps for those three Pac 12 left behinds to play home and home non-conf games annually. Sort of a thumbing at all those schools that jumped ship and crumbled away the historic conference.

Otherwise, I like this .. Not cupcake city at all.
Cal. State, LeMoyne, UC Davis, Morgan State, Cal Poly, UTSA???? That's not a cupcake schedule. It's the entire bakery shop.

Reaction Score
Cal. State, LeMoyne, UC Davis, Morgan State, Cal Poly, UTSA???? That's not a cupcake schedule. It's the entire bakery shop.
2 top 25 teams
3 others that could be around the 25

Plus at least 6 conference games against top 25

That’s not a weak schedule. Especially for a program that likely won’t be top 20 itself.

(fyi, last year, UConn played 10 games against teams that were ranked at gametime.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
2 top 25 teams
3 others that could be around the 25

Plus at least 6 conference games against top 25

That’s not a weak schedule. Especially for a program that likely won’t be top 20 itself.

(fyi, last year, UConn played 10 games against teams that were ranked at gametime.)
Could be, would be, is. I don't care what Uconn's schedule looks like, Geno has a history of scheduling ranked teams until they lose three or four times and then drop Uconn from their schedule.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom