Stanford Is Hook'n Those Texans' Horns | The Boneyard

Stanford Is Hook'n Those Texans' Horns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stanford winning 70 to 57 with a little over 3 minutes remaining in the game. Kudos to Tara. Karen doesn't look happy.

Reaction Score
Great team play from Stanford.................love McCall's game............shame they lost their point guard, would have been an even more serious threat out West....................

Reaction Score
Stanford winning 70 to 57 with a little over 3 minutes remaining in the game. Kudos to Tara. Karen doesn't look happy.
'
And contrary to opinions , at least tonight--I thought Karlie was a very good Samuelson sister. Stanford, to me was impressive.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Tara is an amazing coach... Stanford completely took Texas away from their game. They will be tough out as usual this season.

Texas scares me less. Their post aren't nearly as imposing as I'd thought and I don't think any of them can bang with Wilson or Coates for an entire game.

Reaction Score
That game tape will be one long teaching moment for the Horns. That is about all I can bring myself to say tonight. Everything else, I have typed and then deleted. Hmm. Let's see. Good game by McCarty. I also saw a lot of potential in Holmes. I am hopeful she will be coming up to speed sooner rather than later. Atkins, I thought, was forcing things too much -- trying to do too much on her own.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Before the season started I said the Pac-10 would once again be under rated. Tara Vanderveer. Along with Geno this woman is a treasure.

I am underwhelmed by the basketball conditioning I'm seeing by a welter of incoming freshmen players. Joyner Holmes, Tori McCoy, Ciera Johnson, and also second year players Chatrice White, Jessica Shepard. All highly rated recruits, all in terrible shape. Watching these young ladies trying to get up and down the floor in these early games is painful. I'll bet any amount that when Boothe hits Texas next year conditioning will be a major factor in her success. Please Ms. Walker, listen up.

Reaction Score
Tara is an amazing coach... Stanford completely took Texas away from their game. They will be tough out as usual this season.

Texas scares me less. Their post aren't nearly as imposing as I'd thought and I don't think any of them can bang with Wilson or Coates for an entire game.

I forgot about your teams transfers. I think you guys should win it all. Barring injury or chemistry concerns.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

Texas looked very soft on the inside dispite their height. Not good for UT. Well played game by Stanford.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Tara when her team is on, and they were 'on' last night can make anyone look ordinary. She is the most recent one to do it to Uconn, and she just did it to Texas. And she did it to ND last year. I would not read too much into this loss on the road - TX has a lot of pieces to play with, and three months to put it all together.

Reaction Score

McCarty was Texas leading rebouder . And Texas cannot shoot...1-7 FT at one point .... finished below 50%

Reaction Score
Tara is a great coach that has been a thorn In Uconns backside for a while. Stanford ended 2 of the top 5 WCBB winning streaks the 90 game streak in 2010 and the 47 game streak in 2014. Beat Uconn in 2008 FF then lost to Tenn and CP3. Held them to 12 pts in first half of NC game in 2010. Easily Uconns ugliest half ever played in NC game. One of the best at gameplanning, Xs & Os and in game adjustments ever. Only 17 wins from 1000.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Tara is a great coach that has been a thorn In Uconns backside for a while. Stanford ended 2 of the top 5 WCBB winning streaks the 90 game streak in 2010 and the 47 game streak in 2014. Beat Uconn in 2008 FF then lost to Tenn and CP3. Held them to 12 pts in first half of NC game in 2010. Easily Uconns ugliest half ever played in NC game. One of the best at gameplanning, Xs & Os and in game adjustments ever. Only 17 wins from 1000.
They also ended Baylor's 42 game winning streak - a pretty shocking result as well. That team looked primed to challenge the 70 game streak and would have passed it if not for that early season Stanford game.
Stanford/Tara is always a tough game, especially at their home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom