Stanford Blog on the Game | The Boneyard

Stanford Blog on the Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Good find. Thanks.

The Stanford fans were in a booing mood. They booed Geno and their own team. Lots of frustration yesterday!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
His questions, tho, of what will happen the rest of the year if teams are able to exploit Stanford's weakness seems more exasperation than reality. How many teams will Stanford face who are as talented as UCONN? They had 5 players score double figures in a beatdown of Tennessee. South Carolina actually gave Stanford a better game.

But I think the partial point is that Baylor with Simms is quite a bit better than Stanford. UCONN, even when not healthy, is quite a bit better. I'd love to see Duke and Stanford play. Stanford actually has a pretty easy schedule this year - aside from a home/home with #10 Cal, the only other top 10 teams they face are UCONN/Baylor.

IMHO Stanford is not a lock for the final 4. I'd say it's going to be close between several other teams as well including ND, Maryland, and maybe PSU.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
C&R Blog - Link

Good Analysis of the game

Thanks for finding that, very interesting perspective on the game.

An ever so minor disagreement, that will end up as partial agreement. After Ruef drew the third foul, I watched to see if they would continue, and I saw two plays (I think one each Chiney and Ruef) where it looked like the priority was go to Dolson first, make the basket second. But Stef managed to avoid the contact, and I didn't notice it again. It was almost like, let's try this game plan, oh that didn't work so abandon it. It might fail 4 of 5 times, but it only has to work once to get a 4th foul. So I agree it wasn't used enough, but I do think it was tried.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Apologies Wbbfan1. Just posted this as I hadn't seen your post.

Why can't we delete a post?????

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Apologies Wbbfan1. Just posted this as I hadn't seen your post.

Why can't we delete a post?????
I deleted your other thread pap

Reaction Score
Stanford has won its games with mirrors this season.......A healthy Simms and Baylor wins by 15.........Feb 18th game should be fun.........

Reaction Score
Good find. Thanks.

The Stanford fans were in a booing mood. They booed Geno and their own team. Lots of frustration yesterday!

We never booed our team. Again, the boos for Geno were light-hearted, I heard many people laughing. no big thang.

Reaction Score
Really strong analysis. Smart.

C&R is a good, but I disagree with some of their points. There are other very good analysis on the Cardboard, most notably by Viking Guy.

Reaction Score
I thought that the perfect illustration of the difference in intensity between the two teams was when KML came blasting along the baseline to grab an offensive rebound, and then put it back up for 2. Meanwhile, Taylor Greenfield just stood there,watching the entire play, along the baseline...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom