Stanford/Arizona State | The Boneyard

Stanford/Arizona State

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
These teams are both awful.

The referees are awful.

The announcers are pretty awful (we are at ALTITUDE!! - it’s a great place to kick!!!). Guy, the stadium is just built on a hill. Settle down.

This is easily the worst game I’ve watched this year and I watched Purdue/Illinois.

Last edited:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am watching a blow out between Denver and Arizona which is 35 to 10 Denver

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
BTW @Nostical maybe ASU beats this awful team in the end but Edwards is a clown. They just punted down 7 at the Stanford 40. That is Memphis level stupidity.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The world is an unfair place but you can take one thing to the bank. When a college coach turtles and punts in + territory it immediately blows up in their face.

It’s awesome that they don’t learn. They keep punting.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

The referees are awful.

The announcers are pretty awful (we are at ALTITUDE!! - it’s a great place to kick!!!). Guy, the stadium is just built on a hill. Settle down.

This is easily the worst game I’ve watched this year and I watched Purdue/Illinois.

I'm pretty sure you've watched all of our games. This won't be the worst game you see this week.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure you've watched all of our games. This won't be the worst game you see this week.

This game is worse. Teams with these players should not be this bad.

I know Pac 12 refs suck is a cliche - but the calls in this game are impossibly bad. It’s like every third play they make a blatently awful call.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I was there in May they did a nice job putting stadium back together if that helps.... lol

Reaction Score

The referees are awful.

This gave me a good laugh bud. Thanks

Reaction Score
BTW Nostical, Herm Edwards is a clown. They just punted down 7 at the Stanford 40.

Don't blame him. He consults his WWJPD wristband before all tough decisions.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Using this for a UNLV/Air Force comment.

UNLV down 13 with 10 minutes left just tried a 47 yard fg on 4th and 7.

Obviously it wasn’t good - but even if it was.... why in the world would you take 3 and kick off down 10 and think GREAT SUCCESS

Reaction Score
Using this for a UNLV/Air Force comment.

UNLV down 13 with 10 minutes left just tried a 47 yard fg on 4th and 7.

Obviously it wasn’t good - but even if it was.... why in the world would you take 3 and kick off down 10 and think GREAT SUCCESS
you'll never convince me that the best and brightest are football coaches. If the path to being a coach wasn't such a good ole boys network or a career that rich kids can take while still being supported by their parents, I bet you'd end up with a lot more quality coaches.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
you'll never convince me that the best and brightest are football coaches. If the path to being a coach wasn't such a good ole boys network or a career that rich kids can take while still being supported by their parents, I bet you'd end up with a lot more quality coaches.

They talk big and then when the lights are bright they punt.

Football will be ruined by the nerds like baseball was (sarcasm). Can you even imagine a baseball team making these terrible choices?

Reaction Score
UNLV down 13 with 10 minutes left just tried a 47 yard FG on 4th and 7. Why in the world would you take 3 and kick off down 10 and think GREAT SUCCESS

What's more logical? Kicking 47 yd field goal or getting first down on 4th and 7? Lets say he makes FG. Down 10. Kick off, hold them, get ball back score a TD. Only need 3 to tie. Get ball back and hit field goal at game's end. In overtime cause fumble then kick winning field goal. Coach gets raise, fans thrilled.
Fail on 4th and 7. Now you need two touchdowns. Coach is castigated, fans riot.
The better question is what would Herm Edwards do?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What's more logical? Kicking 47 yd field goal or getting first down on 4th and 7? Lets say he makes FG. Down 10. Kick off, hold them, get ball back score a TD. Only need 3 to tie. Get ball back and hit field goal at game's end. In overtime cause fumble then kick winning field goal. Coach gets raise, fans thrilled.
Fail on 4th and 7. Now you need two touchdowns. Coach is castigated, fans riot.
The better question is what would Herm Edwards do?

I’m going to be nice and pretend you didn’t post this. Herm would punt because he’s a maniac yelling about why you play the game but is actually a turtle when push comes to shove.

Reaction Score
I’m going to be nice and pretend you didn’t post this. Herm would punt because he’s a maniac yelling about why you play the game but is actually a turtle when push comes to shove.
I swear sometimes coaches forget you need to score more points than the other team. They think "we'll get them next time" but if you're losing the game, you have repeatedly failed to catch up. You have to take advantage of the field position if you're down 2 scores. If you don't, you deserve to lose.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
They talk big and then when the lights are bright they punt.

Football will be ruined by the nerds like baseball was (sarcasm). Can you even imagine a baseball team making these terrible choices?

I was just saying something similar to a buddy the other day. I get the buck stops with the HC, but how do they not have a guy on the sideline who can alert the coach when/how to use timeouts and when/where to go for the first down or kick a FG?

It's like these teams search everywhere for "an edge" and watch tape all week. All they need is a guy who knows you need TDs to win and stop punting.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was just saying something similar to a buddy the other day. I get the buck stops with the HC, but how do they not have a guy on the sideline who can alert the coach when/how to use timeouts and when/where to go for the first down or kick a FG?

It's like these teams search everywhere for "an edge" and watch tape all week. All they need is a guy who knows you need TDs to win and stop punting.

You don’t need a guy. Just go.

Reaction Score
Where do we talk about this game that's happening now. Am I hallucinating?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This is what I think of when I read this thread

1540088733553.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members