Eugene, OR - 9:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN (Adam Amin, Rebecca Lobo)

Video stream:

Audio:

Live stats:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I have no clue what to expect in this one. Both have been a bit up and down in their performances this year. With UCLA having a much easier conference schedule, Oregon pretty much can't afford to lose this one and drop 2 back in the loss department to both the Bruins and the Card.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
New ESPNW article on Ionescu with comments by D.T. (mostly) and Sue Bird:

Why Oregon's Sabrina Ionescu is so good -- and where she still must grow

The game being in Eugene is probably a plus for Oregon, but how much is (to me, anyway) an open question. Oregon did destroy Stanford (at Stanford) last year (88-48) and Stanford won in Eugene quite handily (78-65) the year before. The results were reversed in the Pac12 tournament both years.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Wondering how ESPN got this game over the PAC 12 Network. Is this the only WBB Game that ESPN is broadcasting between two PAC 12 teams?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
As Oregon is at home, I picked them as noted by @Shades both play well at home. That said I am rooting for Stanford as I am soooo tired of the scribes, pundits and even many fans on this forum (the non-UConn fans) fawning over SI, RH and SS and all the other talent they think Oregon has. This team is beatable as proven just as much as Stanford, Baylor, SC, UConn and OSU all are. Plus, I really don't want another crowning of the POY to happen in January. Let the season play out to see who truly has earned it.

Reaction Score
New ESPNW article on Ionescu with comments by D.T. (mostly) and Sue Bird:

Why Oregon's Sabrina Ionescu is so good -- and where she still must grow

The game being in Eugene is probably a plus for Oregon, but how much is (to me, anyway) an open question. Oregon did destroy Stanford (at Stanford) last year (88-48) and Stanford won in Eugene quite handily (78-65) the year before. The results were reversed in the Pac12 tournament both years.
The game looks like it will be sold out, so the crowd should help a lot. Capacity is 12,384. By the way both of the civil war games next weekend are sold out already and the Stanford game Sunday in Corvallis is very close to a sell out as well. Capacity 9604. The Oregon schools are supporting their teams.

This Stanford team has had only one true road game out of state to Texas and they lost that game 69-64. The crowd there was less than 4K, 24% capacity. Their other two "true" road games were at Bay Area teams. against SF and Cal, which I am sure had a good share of Stanford fans. That Cal game was the biggest crowd they have seen so far, 6724, at 57% capacity. Their biggest home crowd was Tennessee at 4676, at 63% capacity. Let's see how they handle their first PAC12 road trip out of state, playing against two capacity crowds, totally against them. Even Team USA had more support from the big Oregon crowds, and they only split.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oregon at home is a different animal. Pretty much the same for Stanford.
Excellent point. In the last two years each team has only lost one home game and one of them to each other. Last year Oregon beat Stanford in Maples and the year before Stanford beat Oregon at Matt Court. Last year the Ducks only loss at home was to UCLA, when Ruthy was hurt. Stanford's only loss at home in 17/18 season was to a #7 Tennessee before the PAC12 season, where they went undefeated at home that year.

Reaction Score
Oregon at full strength for this one and playing before a sell out at MKA. Expectations are nobody can come onto the Duck home court and win. We shall see.

Ducks' three point shooting woes continue. Last years squad was .415 3pt pct. This year it is only .360 with the best of that coming from bench players Shelley (.448) and Chavez (.478).
As for the starters:
Ionesco was .429 now .312
Boley was .430 now .357
Sabally was .411 now .260
Cazorla was .412 Moore .280
Pretty dramatic drop off. Hurt badly in this season's two losses
Against Louisville 6-35 (.171) and @AZSt 5-18 (.278)
Oregon is a less efficient team without that over 41% 3pt pct team wide average.

This one may come down to which team finds that range. Gonna be a good one.

Reaction Score
Oregon at full strength for this one and playing before a sell out at MKA. Expectations are nobody can come onto the Duck home court and win. We shall see.

Ducks' three point shooting woes continue. Last years squad was .415 3pt pct. This year it is only .360 with the best of that coming from bench players Shelley (.448) and Chavez (.478).
As for the starters:
Ionesco was .429 now .312
Boley was .430 now .357
Sabally was .411 now .260
Cazorla was .412 Moore .280
Pretty dramatic drop off. Hurt badly in this season's two losses
Against Louisville 6-35 (.171) and @AZSt 5-18 (.278)
Oregon is a less efficient team without that over 41% 3pt pct team wide average.

This one may come down to which team finds that range. Gonna be a good one.
Good analysis. Difficult to explain the dramatic dropoff in three-point shooting for the Ducks this season among their starters. Historically, Ionescu, Sabally, and Boley have been difference-makers from beyond the arc. One might expect Moore to struggle from three-point distance, but not the other three.

Stanford will be able to put length (Hull sisters) on Ionescu. How Sabrina plays will determine whether the Cardinal prevail or absorb their first loss in PAC-12 play this season.

Prediction: Ducks by 6

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wondering how ESPN got this game over the PAC 12 Network. Is this the only WBB Game that ESPN is broadcasting between two PAC 12 teams?

Pac 12 Network is last in line. ESPN can get broadcast rights to any game it wants. So can the Fox Sports family of channels. More of the men's BB games and football show up on networks other than Pac 12.

Reaction Score
As Oregon is at home, I picked them as noted by @Shades both play well at home. That said I am rooting for Stanford as I am soooo tired of the scribes, pundits and even many fans on this forum (the non-UConn fans) fawning over SI, RH and SS and all the other talent they think Oregon has. This team is beatable as proven just as much as Stanford, Baylor, SC, UConn and OSU all are. Plus, I really don't want another crowning of the POY to happen in January. Let the season play out to see who truly has earned it.
It makes a person angry, I understand that. Kind of like hearing about Oklahoma in softball in January.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Lexie and Lacie both starting tonight. Tara seems to tweak her starting line ups more than any other powerhouse program in the country.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
10-8 Stanford at first media TO. Looks like 'Furd is kinda of daring Moore to score for Oregon, she has a couple buckets already.

Reaction Score
The Oregon floor is sooooooo ugly. Did the designer expect all the fans and tv cameras to be on the baseline?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
17-13 Stanford thru Q1. Ducks are cold but hanging around.

Reaction Score
I assume we root for the Ducks so Tara does not get a win and Geno call pull closer on the win total? Haven't seen an update lately but they both have one loss this year so far.

Reaction Score
Both of these teams are pretty dang smart and have ALOT shooters

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon heating up, leading 25-24 midway thru Q2. Ionescu will be shooting FTs after the break. She's in scoring mode tonight, 11 already.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom