Staley wins Naismith Coach of Year Award | The Boneyard

Staley wins Naismith Coach of Year Award

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm a Dawn Staley fan. Have been since her playing days at Virginia. No reason not to be. :) She has always been respectful to Geno and his program. Basketball has been very good to her, and she to it. I think we can all agree that she and her program have broken the barrier of WCBB's perennial top 10 teams, and as such, has also achieved "elite" status".

They're not going away any time soon. South Carolina like other elite programs around the country has become a destination for many of the nation's top high school recruits, and high profile transfers. I would not be surprised if she gets a transfer or two this summer. Congratulations to coach Dawn Staley on winning the Naismith Award. :)

Last edited:

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
If I look at pictures of my mom and her sisters from this era they have this EXACT hairstyle. Lol
There are so many reasons to be nostalgic for the early 90s these days. What the heck did those grunge kids have to be angsty about, anyway?

Reaction Score
South Carolina vs Notre Dame on ESPNU.

Freshman Aja in Final Four. Reminded again of what a weak perimeter team that was.

Reaction Score
Blocked shot put back. Dammit. I forgot that.

oof.

Such a bad look for Mitchell.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm a Dawn Staley fan. Have been since her playing days at Virginia. No reason not to be. :) She has always been respectful to Geno and his program. Basketball has been very good to her, and she to it. I think we can all agree that she and her program have broken the barrier of WCBB's perennial top 10 teams, and as such, has also achieved "elite" status".

They're not going away any time soon. South Carolina like other elite programs around the country has become a destination for many of the nation's top high school recruits, and high profile transfers. I would not be surprised if she gets a transfer or two this summer. Congratulations to coach Dawn Staley on winning the Naismith Award. :)
Dawn is a credit to WBB.

Reaction Score
South Carolina vs Notre Dame on ESPNU.

Freshman Aja in Final Four. Reminded again of what a weak perimeter team that was.
In hindsight maybe Dawn should have played A'ja more minutes. She only played 24 minutes and had 20 points, 9 rebounds and 4 blks. She did not have a single foul according to the box score.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Dawn is a credit to WBB.

Agreed. You cannot tell the story of WCBB without mentioning Dawn Staley. Can’t do it! :rolleyes:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Blocked shot put back. Dammit. I forgot that.

oof.

Such a bad look for Mitchell.

I’ll never forget the look on her face after that play. :confused:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think she should bring the '91 hairdo back :D

I was crushed after they lost to TN in the championship game. :( Have hated the Vols ever since. :mad:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I was crushed after they lost to TN in the championship game. :( Have hated the Vols ever since. :mad:
I was too, but I already despised the Vols well before that :D

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was too, but I already despised the Vols well before that :D

I feel an off-season thread coming soon.... then again... Ive had off season thread ideas from 4-5 years ago that I haven't gotten around to posting yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom