Staley Talks The Game | The Boneyard

Staley Talks The Game

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
GamecockCentral.com - Aftermath: Gamecocks are best hope to conquer UConn until Final Four

“It would be good for the game for them to get rocked a little bit,” USC head coach Dawn Staley said after Thursday night’s 60-41 win over Auburn. “They have played everybody. They haven’t shied away from playing tough competition. We’re going into a tough environment and we’ll give it our best shot.

“Everybody in America will probably be cheering for us. Hopefully, they send positive vibes to Storrs.”

Hey, Dawn, the Huskies are America's team.

Reaction Score
No trophy in February but hoping for a really great game!!! WBB needs the exposure on the national scene!!!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Watching Dawn reminded me of someone being interviewed before being marched off to the Guillotine.
Sure didn't sound very upbeat or optimistic to me.

I especially liked her analysis of...they don't beat you off the dribble, they're a passing team.
Perhaps one of the secrets of our success...that no one emulates.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Watching Dawn Staley presser, I was reminded of what she said earlier in the year. South Carolina will be in for a rude awakening. Like Geno said, they loss players, but they are still UConn.
In the words of Doris Burke, "I am not saying South Carolina will not compete, but they will get beat".

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
GamecockCentral.com - Aftermath: Gamecocks are best hope to conquer UConn until Final Four

“It would be good for the game for them to get rocked a little bit,” USC head coach Dawn Staley said after Thursday night’s 60-41 win over Auburn. “They have played everybody. They haven’t shied away from playing tough competition. We’re going into a tough environment and we’ll give it our best shot.

“Everybody in America will probably be cheering for us. Hopefully, they send positive vibes to Storrs.”

Good to see Dawn having fun with it. Mulkey tried to pretend that the game against UCONN was no bigger than any other game. Hogwash!

Reaction Score
This is great stuff from South Carolina and Dawn. The more eyes watching this game and seeing us dismantle another very good team the better for our reputation and outstanding accomplishment. Let the whole women's college basketball world watch us reach 100!!!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I especially liked her analysis of..they don't beat you off the dribble, they're a passing team.
To be fair, she said "they don't take you off the dribble a lot", implying that UConn does do that to some extent.

But still, I think penetration will be a big part of the UConn offense on Monday night, because it is a weakness of the Gamecock defense trying to defend it.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Lol....I think most of the 'UConn bad for the game' stuff comes from right inside of WCB most noticeably the SEC.

100 wins in a row would be good for the game.

I think you're confused... Did you hear any SEC coaches talking about UConn this offseason... no.. but you did hear coaches like McGraw and Frese talk about UConn?

The UConn chatter is hardly louder down south than it is elsewhere.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Mississippi State isn't rooting for them.

Reaction Score
My prediction is S.C. will try to slow the game down and UCONN will have none of that. Wilson and Coates will not be able to run with the UCONN transition game and will be worn out by the fourth quarter. My advice to Geno is let the big dogs run. Besides, how does a team that has scored 70 points or less seven times this year really plan on beating UCONN?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Good to see Dawn having fun with it. Mulkey tried to pretend that the game against UCONN was no bigger than any other game. Hogwash!
Geno says the same thing, even BYers say it doesnt mean much

Reaction Score

"it's good for the Women's game if Uconn loses-----Well actually it is good for the South Carolina WBB team --if Uconn loses.
And old adages says something like: It all depends on whose oxen is being gored. In this case it USC's oxen!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom