2023 Recruiting: - Staff Visits | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Staff Visits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
2 questions: Did Simeon and CJ play AAU or HS ball together? Other than CFJ, is Simeon closely connected to any UConn players (recruits or players)?

Obviously DH and Kimani see an oppty so I remain hopeful. I might be naive, but I've come to believe DH, Kimani, Luke and Tom Moore are a dream recruiting team that outwork most everyone else. Not miracle workers, but perfect for us.

I'll just say this: My sons are close, but going to the same college would never have happened. They wanted to forge their own paths. (Of course they weren't D1 athletes either). Different strokes...

Reaction Score
2 questions: Did Simeon and CJ play AAU or HS ball together? Other than CFJ, is Simeon closely connected to any UConn players (recruits or players)?
Yes, the two played together at Roselle Catholic.

Wilcher is close with Kimani Young.

But don't hold your breath (says a certain poster on here). :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, the two played together at Roselle Catholic.

Wilcher is close with Kimani Young.

But don't hold your breath (says a certain poster on here). :)

Where did you see the "don't hold your breath" comment? I've never necessarily felt great about Wilcher, but don't ever remember reading anything negative about our chances. Could've missed it.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
We have a realistic shot at an absolutely insane class, ie, our best ever. Obviously a lot needs to go right for everything to come to fruition but it seems more than likely at least part of it will. Wow, this staff is really doing a great job.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Where did you see the "don't hold your breath" comment? I've never necessarily felt great about Wilcher, but don't ever remember reading anything negative about our chances. Could've missed it.
I think zionn nexted him.

Reaction Score
I was making a joke about kansashusky saying UConn doesn't get top 10 guys. And Wilcher is a top 10 recruit. His original "don't hold your breath" comment was about Martas Buzelis but I won't forget that comment and when Hurley signs his first top 10 recruit I will bring it up again.

Reaction Score
I was making a joke about kansashusky saying UConn doesn't get top 10 guys. And Wilcher is a top 10 recruit. His original "don't hold your breath" comment was about Martas Buzelis but I won't forget that comment and when Hurley signs his first top 10 recruit I will bring it up again.

We have a way better chance with Wilcher than we do with Matas.

But this is far from breaking our way.

Reaction Score
Got it. Yeah I'm not holding my breath on Buzelis either, but I'm OK with that as long as we get TBB.

I REALLY want a stud PG in this class...either Wilcher or Castle would be amazing.

Reaction Score
We were never getting Buzelis, I think he was taking umbrage with you saying we don't land top 10 players.

He literally said "why not us" and how is that arguable? Our last top ten kid came a decade and two coaches ago.

Reaction Score
He literally said "why not us"
And you responded because we don't land top 10 players.

That's not the reason Buzelis isn't coming here and he's not even a top 10 player at this juncture, he's rated below Bowen.

Reaction Score
Anyone watch Him play? Can Simeon be a point guard first, or is he more of a combo who can pitch in with ball handling? At 6-3, it would seem that pg would be his path to the NBA.

Reaction Score
Anyone watch Him play? Can Simeon be a point guard first, or is he more of a combo who can pitch in with ball handling? At 6-3, it would seem that pg would be his path to the NBA.

He's an awesome passer. He isn't a superb ballhandler, but passable if I recall. It was last winter amd I was mostly paying attention to Corey... so I could be wronf

Reaction Score
They did their due diligence on Matas, meaning you’re a great player who’s close by so we’re going to reach out and come to watch you, but we know you’re ultimately looking for something else.
Want to extrapolate on what "looking for something else means"? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom