Staff Recruiting for 2022 & 2023 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Staff Recruiting for 2022 & 2023

Reaction Score

Having a left hand would make him a top-10 player in the class. Hopefully the staff has him putting in the work.

217lbs seems oddly specific to be wrong... but he looks a lot more 195 that 215+ to me.

Reaction Score
By all accounts, Castle is having himself quite the camp.

Complete rosters include a lot of good players-

If there are any of the major scouts in attendance, gotta imagine he'll be seeing a little rankings bump. Especially if he was actually measured at 6'7 217lbs. Kid plays like an old school point guard with that kind of size... ridiculous.

Reaction Score

Pair of recruiting powers making a comeback​

Michigan State and UConn have been two of the best college basketball programs in the country over the last 25 years, and for much of that quarter-decade, they had the recruiting to match. Neither group had a top-25 recruiting class last year, but both are back -- in a big way. Michigan State slots in at No. 3 in the early rankings, while the Huskies are at No. 5.

Both Tom Izzo and Dan Hurley landed well-rounded classes with a mix of immediate-impact ability and high-ceiling potential. Michigan State has four ESPN 100 prospects in its four-man class, while UConn already landed five four-star commitments, including three in the top 100.

Reaction Score

Pair of recruiting powers making a comeback​

Michigan State and UConn have been two of the best college basketball programs in the country over the last 25 years, and for much of that quarter-decade, they had the recruiting to match. Neither group had a top-25 recruiting class last year, but both are back -- in a big way. Michigan State slots in at No. 3 in the early rankings, while the Huskies are at No. 5.

Both Tom Izzo and Dan Hurley landed well-rounded classes with a mix of immediate-impact ability and high-ceiling potential. Michigan State has four ESPN 100 prospects in its four-man class, while UConn already landed five four-star commitments, including three in the top 100.

One of those four-star commitments is quickly trending toward five-star status.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
FWIW I don't think Castle is going to be one and done. I think lack of eye-popping athleticism and scoring ability is going to make him a 2 year player.

Kid is a worker though... I wouldn't put it past him to come back his senior year looking like an elite scorer.
That is the best comment on him I have heard yet. Nearly all of the great players out of Uconn were not one and done. But most were great workers.

Reaction Score
Tidbit: We focus on rankings from 24/7 Composite etc. Whoever compiles top 100 rankings for Lindy's has very different thoughts and thus a reminder it depends on when you see kids. Castle is #10, Stewart is #46, Ball is NR, and, as expected, Singare & Ross are not top 100. Credibility of this list comes into question for me when I see Jeremy Fears at #4 !! He had a good Peach Jam but previously I watched him play so poorly against Sunrise Christian that I posted here that it might be the single worst performance I have seen from a player, getting stripped of the ball for layups 5-10x in the same game. Justin Edwards #24 is lower than everywhere. Opinions can be very different as this list shows.

Reaction Score
That is the best comment on him I have heard yet. Nearly all of the great players out of Uconn were not one and done. But most were great workers.

I think he could be one and done talent. However for that to happen, that means every major contributor this year that could leave (Newton/Hawkins/Sanogo/Andre), will leave, and that essentially the team would be Castle’s to run in 2024.

In that scenario where majority of the usage is his, I think he could put up the numbers that NBA scouts can’t ignore in a 6’6 PG. But that’s an unlikely scenario for them all to leave. If Hawkins/Jackson/Andre all play well enough to declare early (and Newton has enough pro prospects to not use his extra year), that means we better be competing for a championship!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Tidbit: We focus on rankings from 24/7 Composite etc. Whoever compiles top 100 rankings for Lindy's has very different thoughts and thus a reminder it depends on when you see kids. Castle is #10, Stewart is #46, Ball is NR, and, as expected, Singare & Ross are not top 100. Credibility of this list comes into question for me when I see Jeremy Fears at #4 !! He had a good Peach Jam but previously I watched him play so poorly against Sunrise Christian that I posted here that it might be the single worst performance I have seen from a player, getting stripped of the ball for layups 5-10x in the same game. Justin Edwards #24 is lower than everywhere. Opinions can be very different as this list shows.
I’d question the credibility of any list that has Edwards 24.

pj

Reaction Score
In that scenario where majority of the usage is his, I think he could put up the numbers that NBA scouts can’t ignore in a 6’6 PG. But that’s an unlikely scenario for them all to leave. If Hawkins/Jackson/Andre all play well enough to declare early (and Newton has enough pro prospects to not use his extra year), that means we better be competing for a championship!

I'm not an NBA scout, but I would think they would be more impressed by a PG who leads a team well when surrounded by NBA talent, than by a one-man show who dominates the ball with a weak supporting cast, whatever the statistics might be.

Reaction Score
I think the plan is for Castle to be a one and done as a lottery pick, especially when you consider the following years draft will include HS players. I don’t think it’ll be a huge disappointment from a recruiting standpoint if he’s not, given one and dones will be gone soon, but it’ll still show that we can get those guys and have them go to the NBA as expected.

Reaction Score

Castle, Ball, Ross all listed as they plan on signing in November. Stewart listed as undecided. Singare not listed

And before the freakout, see this note about the "undecided" guys: It is not the time to worry, yet. Some players just haven’t talked with their parents/coaches yet about Signing Day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom