staff pushing for Josh Perkins visit | The Boneyard

staff pushing for Josh Perkins visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tos article about staff pushing for it as soon as next week

Reaction Score
is possible to copy and paste the relevant passage relating to UConn or is it an entire article?

Reaction Score
I've been wondering this for a while... what does TOS stand for? "The original Scout"?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
He would be an awesome signee....good size, great passer, looks like better athlete than Marcus Williams, can shoot it too. Come on Josh's Dad, get him to UConn.

Reaction Score
Lock him up and cross point guard off the list of needs in 2014. Would be a great get and I am confident Ollie can land him if we get to Storrs.

Reaction Score
I've been wondering this for a while... what does TOS stand for? "The original Scout"?

Back when the only two recruiting sites (that mattered) were Rivals and Scout, TOS just meant 'the other site'

Reaction Score
Back when the only two recruiting sites (that mattered) were Rivals and Scout, TOS just meant 'the other site'
So now that there are 2 "other sites" which one is the real TOS? So is Rivals TOS and Scout. com just Scout? We need a translator on here for husky99's posts. :)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So now that there are 2 "other sites" which one is the real TOS? So is Rivals TOS and just Scout? We need a translator on here for husky99's posts. :)

TOS can be 'the old site' -> scout
or 'the other site' -> rivals

was it ever at rivals? pre 2001?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Welp. Just watched the first vid that came up on google and I'm emotionally attached. Artistic court vision on this kid.

Reaction Score
Welp. Just watched the first vid that came up on google and I'm emotionally attached. Artistic court vision on this kid.

He reminds me of a huge Shabazz. The no-look passes, the fade away 3's. Appears to have some of that moxy too, hard to tell from highlight tape. Whatever school gets this kid is getting a good one. SOMEONE GET THIS KID TO STORRS. He needs to hear a basketball sermon from the good reverend Kevin Ollie in person.

Reaction Score
My number 1 want in 2014. Glad people are finally starting to see this kid is a star. We need to get him to Storrs. Only a couple more days till the cuffs come off and we can recruit at full strength! Lets go KO!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
My number 1 want in 2014. Glad people are finally starting to see this kid is a star. We need to get him to Storrs. Only a couple more days till the cuffs come off and we can recruit at full strength! Lets go KO!

see now i like Kanses and their fans. why duke and Kentucky fans cant be like you guys makes me wondor

Reaction Score
The relevant parts(the "make his way to Storrs" refers to a visit):

What is becoming clear though is that he will make his way to Storrs, largely thanks to the relationship being built between Randy and head coach Kevin Ollie. Randy said that the two talk nearly every night.

"He apologized for being late to, what he called, the party on Josh," Randy explained. "I just love his energy. He said to me, 'I am going to recruit Josh harder than I've ever recruited anyone until you tell me to stop'."

Ollie's efforts over the last month and a half have put the Huskies squarely in the mix for the talented point guard, and a visit could be coming as soon as next week. Randy noted that his relationship with a coach will be his primary input on his son's decision.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

What is becoming clear though is that he will make his way to Storrs, largely thanks to the relationship being built between Randy and head coach Kevin Ollie. Randy said that the two talk nearly every night.

"He apologized for being late to, what he called, the party on Josh," Randy explained. "I just love his energy. He said to me, 'I am going to recruit Josh harder than I've ever recruited anyone until you tell me to stop'."

Ollie's efforts over the last month and a half have put the Huskies squarely in the mix for the talented point guard, and a visit could be coming as soon as next week. Randy noted that his relationship with a coach will be his primary input on his son's decision.

Over on the cuse recruiting forum there is an interview with perkins from Pangos.

His top 3 qualities in a school are 1)Stability of the coaching staff over the period he will be in school (check) 2) A coach that shows concern for him on and off the court (check) 3) Style of play (Assume check).

Reaction Score

Wow that sounds very good for us. Sounds like we are going to get Perkins on campus and I feel very good about our chances if that is the case.

Reaction Score
A key to landing one or two top 2014 bigs is getting a pass first point guard like this. The fact that the primary ball handler could be boatright or purvis (assuming samuel takes a few years to develop) would probably scare me away if I was a top 50 PF or C. Lock him up then have him and DH help the staff go after some bigs.

Reaction Score
This is pretty encouraging news given our track record with visits lately.

Scary to think of what the backcourt would look like next year if Ollie were to pull this off.

Reaction Score
3uconn said he's begging for a Kentucky offer in his update. Sounds like KO is trying to lock him down before he gets it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom