St Michael's Box Score | The Boneyard

St Michael's Box Score

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
For those interested.
FC9DE1D6-4B4D-472B-964F-FCF42ACE26BF.png

Reaction Score
Gaffney looked scared to take a chance in the game and often just passed the rock around the perimeter. I hope he gets comfortable and confident and creates some O. Other than that he we good on D

Reaction Score
Swiped a nice set of floor seats in 10 row A for tonights game :) Huskies came out great out of the gate and sorta let St Mikes linger until end of the half. 2nd Half was ALL HUSKIES. Great overall defensive performance. Few things i liked were Akok had good defensive spacing for the most part although he got beat a few times, a a really nice block during a back-to-back block series. Sidney Wilson..... well well well I will just say he got the ball stolen from him and did not attempt to block his man and gave him a free layup. Honorable mention definetely goes to Whaley as i was really impressed with his improvement from last year. He definitely did not look lost and had some nice offensive and defensive aggressiveness, had 2-3 nice 10-15 footers as well as a nice dunk on a fast break. I know this is just a exhibition game but definitely see where the great coaching, time in the weight room and more coaching has already paid dividends.
A Ollie coached team would have had an erratic game today, OBVIOUSLY

Reaction Score
1 board Polley
Yeah it always puzzles me how someone that tall can’t get more rebounds especially against a small team. At least Akok had 5. Yes still think by end of the year Polley will be sixth man coming off the bench for offense. I see Bouknight replacing him eventually.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting.

I admire CV’s ability and dedication to rebounding, but it might be nice to see someone else lead our team in that category for a change. Maybe even a front court player?

Carlton, Whaley and Sid all had 6 boards in about 10 fewer minutes than CV.

I only saw the second half, but at least in that half frontcourt rebounding was not a problem. They were clearing everything on the defensive glass with ease.

Reaction Score
Carlton, Whaley and Sid all had 6 boards in about 10 fewer minutes than CV.

I only saw the second half, but at least in that half frontcourt rebounding was not a problem. They were clearing everything on the defensive glass with ease.

Good to hear, thanks. Keeps hope alive for a new leading rebounder.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah it always puzzles me how someone that tall can’t get more rebounds especially against a small team. At least Akok had 5. Yes still think by end of the year Polley will be sixth man coming off the bench for offense. I see Bouknight replacing him eventually.

I'll go back to comments I had last year.

1. Hurley can read a box score. If he thought Polley wasn't getting boards at the rate Hurley wanted, Hurley would address and make changes.
2. From what I remember seeing last year, most of the time when shots went up Polley would leak out on a wing for possible outlet pass and fast breaks.
3. Really odd a 6'9" kids doesn't get 3-4 boards just by accident.

Reaction Score
I'll go back to comments I had last year.

1. Hurley can read a box score. If he thought Polley wasn't getting boards at the rate Hurley wanted, Hurley would address and make changes.

Yes, like bring in a rebounding 4 recruit at any cost, even getting a guy to reclassify up a year.

Reaction Score
CV six steals, Polley with five. Whaley five blocks.

CV actually was within spitting distance of a quadruple double. Really filled the stat sheet.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting.

I admire CV’s ability and dedication to rebounding, but it might be nice to see someone else lead our team in that category for a change. Maybe even a front court player?
I hear you, but with Akok as a real shot blocking threat this year I think we’ll see this pretty often. It’ll lead to teams settling for more jumpers and long rebounds. Think Shabazz leading the 2014 team in rebounds for most of the year with Brimah as a force behind him. Team rebounding is what matters.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I hear you, but with Akok as a real shot blocking threat this year I think we’ll see this pretty often. It’ll lead to teams settling for more jumpers and long rebounds. Think Shabazz leading the 2014 team in rebounds for most of the year with Brimah as a force behind him. Team rebounding is what matters.
Not the same at all, comparing CV to Bazz is insanity.

Reaction Score
How did Brendan Adams look? 14 pts, getting to the line for 5-5, 4 steals 4 assists seems encouraging?

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
The sane part of me says take these stats with a grain of salt because competition was awful but the not so sane part of me says who cares 40 point win

Reaction Score
How did Brendan Adams look? 14 pts, getting to the line for 5-5, 4 steals 4 assists seems encouraging?

He looked pretty good. Shot well, no hesitation in his game, looked confident. Considering when everyone is healthy/active he is probably the 7th or 8th most talented player on the roster, a lot to like here off the bench and overall team depth.

Reaction Score
Auror quotes

Yes those are my words. They look consistent to me. I'm not following you though...

You said that Hurley would do something if he wasn't happy with Polley's rebounding after watching Polley and looking at the box scores all last season.

I said that he did. That he made sure to go get a 4 man who could rebound, even getting a guy to reclass when we missed on all the rest of our big men. Implication being that Polley would not have to play the 4 anymore and that Springs could back up Akok instead of Polley getting minutes at the 4, especially during games where we were getting killed on the glass.

Then you said I said that he would take minutes from Polley at 2/3. Which I did not do, as I specifically mentioned the dude was a 4.

Of course, it's all moot because it appears Hurley was not aware that Springs would not be able to play this year when he recruited him, so we're going to get manhandled on the glass again in minutes where 2 of Carlton, Whaley, and Akok are on the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom