OT: - St. John's vs. Xavier | The Boneyard

OT: St. John's vs. Xavier

Reaction Score
Love the way the Johnnies are playing. That last game against Butler may cost them a tourny spot, but I really like their team.

This is sacrilege, I know, but Posh reminds me of Khalid. He's got that energetic wide point guard body. He's somehow quick and powerful despite being a freshman. And sometimes he gets beat down the court on D, because he's swiping at the rebounder. But he just sets the tone for them. He's always buzzing around and he does everything.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
St John's is definitely playing their best ball. Roles look very defined at this point.

Curious how we matchup against them in the rematch. Xavier attempted to pressure St John's late. It wasn't nearly as effective as it was against us.

Reaction Score
I like Mike Anderson. St. Johns will be competitive until he retires. We are potentially losing a quality win with Xavier losing.
The Xavier win will stay Q1 by a comfortable margin and this will also keep our St John’s loss as Q2 so I think the outcome is fine

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Love the way the Johnnies are playing. That last game against Butler may cost them a tourny spot, but I really like their team.

This is sacrilege, I know, but Posh reminds me of Khalid. He's got that energetic wide point guard body. He's somehow quick and powerful despite being a freshman. And sometimes he gets beat down the court on D, because he's swiping at the rebounder. But he just sets the tone for them. He's always buzzing around and he does everything.
I agree with you on the Posh/KEA thing. I mentioned it a few times during our game vs SJU. Just lacks the smile, lol.

Reaction Score
I’ll gladly eat crow in regards to me being totally wrong about St. John’s this year.

They’re firmly just below the UConn/X/Hall tier and much better than Marquette/Butler/Georgetown/DePaul.

Two straight Mike Anderson classes where the guys coming in on paper look underwhelming but he’s hit on most of these guys and I expect the same for their ‘21 class.

Next year, I expect the Johnnies to continue their rise. Really, outside of Creighton/Hall/Providence/Nova, I expect the entire Big East to get a lot better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom