St Johns courtside observations | The Boneyard

St Johns courtside observations

Reaction Score
2nd game in 48 hours and I'm basking in glory. To make it all the better met kentan facey on way out of the garden. Gracious guy and looked well by all accounts. Lots of uconn fans, I'd say 40/60 uconn fans. Facey led huge uconn. Chant outside garden after. This is why I love UCONN B BALL. Having said that, everything about garden is better then 10 years ago. Upgrades are evident and facilities are great. Plenty of parking too. Uconn came out with energy but I could tell they were somewhat fatigued. Hurley was subdued, but Martin was angry and played that way. The difference was the Johnnie's did not have Nunge. Their center had poor hands and could not establish position. Cole was the rock again, and it was evident that Jackson had Supreme confidence, which will eventually translate to points at some time in future. I also like Hawkins and the way he played D. He is as quick as can be, and once he bulks up he will be a force. They played Sanago like xavier did, and it almost worked. He was disrupted more often then not under the basket. Walley was Walley and I'm beginning to understand his influence on team. He is constantly telling the young guys what to do on both sides of court, and they respond. Loved the Johnny crowd, I'd say they were a "gentlemen" crowd and gracious in defeat. All in all the game was pure pleasure, now off the Joe's pizza and a short commute home.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I like Wall-e as a nickname. What’s one more?

wall e disney GIF

Reaction Score
2nd game in 48 hours and I'm basking in glory. To make it all the better met kentan facey on way out of the garden. Gracious guy and looked well by all accounts. Lots of uconn fans, I'd say 40/60 uconn fans. Facey led huge uconn. Chant outside garden after. This is why I love UCONN B BALL. Having said that, everything about garden is better then 10 years ago. Upgrades are evident and facilities are great. Plenty of parking too. Uconn came out with energy but I could tell they were somewhat fatigued. Hurley was subdued, but Martin was angry and played that way. The difference was the Johnnie's did not have Nunge. Their center had poor hands and could not establish position. Cole was the rock again, and it was evident that Jackson had Supreme confidence, which will eventually translate to points at some time in future. I also like Hawkins and the way he played D. He is as quick as can be, and once he bulks up he will be a force. They played Sanago like xavier did, and it almost worked. He was disrupted more often then not under the basket. Walley was Walley and I'm beginning to understand his influence on team. He is constantly telling the young guys what to do on both sides of court, and they respond. Loved the Johnny crowd, I'd say they were a "gentlemen" crowd and gracious in defeat. All in all the game was pure pleasure, now off the Joe's pizza and a short commute home.
Your my boy Blue! Can't wait for the next courtside observation. Keep them coming!

Reaction Score
I wasn't there but on television we looked pretty gassed in the 2nd half and this game could have gone either way. I don't know what happens between games or during a busy stretch but Coach needs to figure out a way to give the guys some recovery time, adjust his practices or lengthen the bench. It's going to limit our upside if this continues through the end of the regular season. I give the guys credit for fighting hard and that foul with 2 minutes left was a rough call combined with a mistake on the out of bounds call. Odd how the network focused on the call against St. Johns post game but not the others. Hawk please make that bunny!!! Bad swing there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom