OT: St. John's coaching search | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: St. John's coaching search

Reaction Score
Lavin was scummy, but the things on Pitino's watch were next level. The hookers and brothel thing doesn't play well with the church. Nor the restaurant dribbling incident.
How is he scummy? I've heard he's one of the nicer guys in the game.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
How is he scummy? I've heard he's one of the nicer guys in the game.

He had very greasy hair.

He's not a bad dude. Just the usual recruiting violation rumors. For both him and Harrick, when Lavin was an assistant. Don't think it's a big deal.

Again, Pitino is next level. Probably 2 or 3 levels actually. Couldn't figure out why Madman drew the Lavin comparison.

FWIW, I edited to say 'mildly scummy' before seeing your reply.

Reaction Score
He had very greasy hair.

He's not a bad dude. Just the usual recruiting violation rumors. For both him and Harrick, when Lavin was an assistant. Don't think it's a big deal.

FWIW, I edited to say 'mildly scummy' before seeing your reply.

You beat me to it. The slicked back hair is the reason. He does have allegations of cheating but claimed extortion.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You beat me to it. The slicked back hair is the reason. He does have allegations of cheating but claimed extortion.

The email thing? I don't put much stake in that particular one. An anonymous email with nothing else.

But Harrick was dirty, and Lavin was on staff. Just heard the usual rumors.

Reaction Score
Lavin was mildly scummy, but the things on Pitino's watch were next level. The hookers and brothel thing doesn't play well with the church. Nor the restaurant dribbling incident.
True, I forgot about that. Been so many.

Reaction Score
The email thing? I don't put much stake in that particular one. An anonymous email with nothing else.

And frankly as you post this, I am pretty sure I was actually referring to Harrick.

Reaction Score

I don't even remember it. I just googled him + scandal. I'd be surprised if he didn't cheat a little but I'd be surprised if anyone didn't cheat. He certainly didn't have a reputation like Wade, Underwood, etc.

Reaction Score
For those of you that aren’t Catholic, Catholics are very forgiving. That’s why Catholics drink, party, gamble and in many cases cheat. One thing average Catholics rarely do is pretend they are saints. They enjoy being .

SJU should hire Pitino. Even if he behaves himself in every way, he’ll outperform all other options by a mile. Let’s face it, in this day and age, performance is all that matters.

Reaction Score
Danny just getting to UConn had something to do with it. Big family value from the Hurley, wasn't going to step on his toes just yet, need to wait for Danny to get established.
Oh stop pleas stop. St Johns is a nonstarter. Bob Hurley probably nevercsnswered the phone. Dan had zero to do with it. Gawd some of you guys are dense. The word has changed since Louie coached the Johnnies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
For those of you that aren’t Catholic, Catholics are very forgiving. That’s why Catholics drink, party, gamble and in many cases cheat. One thing average Catholics rarely do is pretend they are saints. They enjoy being .

SJU should hire Pitino. Even if he behaves himself in every way, he’ll outperform all other options by a mile. Let’s face it, in this day and age, performance is all that matters.

IDK, maybe it is rare, but Pitino is doing a pretty good job of pretending he's a saint.

Reaction Score
Ha. My point was, St John’s doesn’t need to pretend. Hire Pitino, resurrect NYC college hoops and have make a run at a national championship. They probably won’t do it, but they should.
Yeah if I was the AD and had bad coach after bad coach, I'd definitely roll the dice on someone like Pitino. So what if he gets hit with a show cause? You know he's going to build your program back up. You can be patient and ride it out.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Catholics may forgive a lot, but there is no forgiving his white suits he would wear in Big East tournament games

51mCqkkiGpL._SX466_.jpg

Reaction Score
St. John's entire process here is proof that even if pride cometh before the fall, it can keep making you make stupid decisions long after you've fallen.

Porter Moser has no history anywhere east of Indiana, but sure, hire him instead of Cluess. SJU is a total clownshow.
Agreed. This is beyond underwhelming.

Apparently they couldn't afford to buyout Cluess from Iona. That's pathetic.

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score
Agreed. This is beyond underwhelming.

Apparently they couldn't afford to buyout Cluess from Iona. That's pathetic.

They are already buying out Mullin, adding another $2M to that would hurt. Especially since Cluess isn't a "home run" hire.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
lmao what a terrible hire if true. he was like a 3rd tier of candidates we were looking at.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
St. John's entire process here is proof that even if pride cometh before the fall, it can keep making you make stupid decisions long after you've fallen.

Porter Moser has no history anywhere east of Indiana, but sure, hire him instead of Cluess. SJU is a total clownshow.

No problem. Sister Jean has a nest egg she's accumulated throughout her 100 years. She's got Moser's buyout. She wants him to follow his dream. She's coming along for the ride.

Reaction Score
An earlier power struggle is how they got Mullin and never fully pursued Dan Hurley.

Solid program they’ve got there!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom