OT: St. John's coaching search | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: St. John's coaching search

Reaction Score
They have one, one who's got more money than any UConn booster and he now hates them. It's hilarious.

Yeah but do they have an alum willing to drop 3 mill on a new baseball stadium?

UConn>SJU once again.

Reaction Score
Sure, but someone inexplicably thinks Valpo, a small Lutheran school, in the middle of bum phark Indiana is somehow similar to the Queens' carp hole or minimally more similar to urban UAB. Alternatively, none of the 3 schools and settings share much in common.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mike Anderson to SJU is the the coaching equivalent of UConn in the AAC

I think Cronin to UCLA is more equivalent to UConn in the AAC.

UConn's decision to stay with ESPN and build a brand new conference has worked out now twice. Its been a proven formula.
Moving to FS1 (and making half the new AAC deal) would've been a disaster.
Although things dipped under Ollie's watch, the UConn brand has provided a ballast for the conference to successfully build around. In much the same way Cronin was a ballast for the Cincinnati program after the departure of Huggins split the UC fanbase.

Reaction Score
I think Cronin to UCLA is more equivalent to UConn in the AAC.

UConn's decision to stay with ESPN and build a brand new conference has worked out now twice. Its been a proven formula.
Moving to FS1 (and making half the new AAC deal) would've been a disaster.
Although things dipped under Ollie's watch, the UConn brand has provided a ballast for the conference to successfully build around. In much the same way Cronin was a ballast for the Cincinnati program after the departure of Huggins split the UC fanbase.

This was meant to be more along the lines of “Mike Anderson is a southern coach, who usually coaches at large public, southern football oriented schools where basketball is often an afterthought” (I.e. the AAC)

Reaction Score
Yeah but do they have an alum willing to drop 3 mill on a new baseball stadium?

UConn>SJU once again.

Repole offered 10 mil towards hiring Hurley and offered to pay the President and his assistant a lifetime severance if they stepped down. That’s shows commitment! He actually loves SJU, just doesn’t want it to be run like a lemonade stand. I have no doubt it pushed them to make a good hire, of which Mike Anderson certainly is.

Reaction Score
Repole offered 10 mil towards hiring Hurley and offered to pay the President and his assistant a lifetime severance if they stepped down. That’s shows commitment! He actually loves SJU, just doesn’t want it to be run like a lemonade stand. I have no doubt it pushed them to make a good hire, of which Mike Anderson certainly is.

Are...are you a Johnnies fan??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom