Sr OT Jimmy Bennett to play in first Medal of Honor Bowl | The Boneyard

Sr OT Jimmy Bennett to play in first Medal of Honor Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to Jim Fuller - Senior OT Jimmy Bennett will be playing in the Medal of Honor Bowl on Jan. 11. Head Coaches for respective sides are Chan Gailey and Ralph Friedgen.

>>Offensive tackle Jimmy Bennett said that he will be playing in the inaugural Medal of Honor Bowl on Jan. 11 in Charleston. S.C.

"I am kind of nervous," Bennett said. "I have never played in an all-star game, I didn’t play in one in high school, even in Pee Wees I didn’t even play in one. I am kind of excited, it is going to be a learning experience just like in college saying ‘these guys are good, everybody is good.’"<<

Reaction Score
Hopefully he gets those "false starts" under control. They always seem to come at a crucial point in the game...Hope he does well!!

Reaction Score
Unlike many on the board, I happen to think Jimmy has a real shot to make an NFL roster. He moves well for a kid that size. The only question is how healthy are the knees? Sebastian Volmer wasn't even invited to the combine and the Patriots took him in the second round. No comparing him to Volmer or suggesting he will go that high, only that extremely large men who move well are valued by NFL teams. IMO he is a much better prospect than a kid like Steve Green or Zach Hurd from years past. Just seems to bend better than those guys despite the knee issues.

Reaction Score
Per Jim Fuller:

>>Saturday, January 04, 2014

UConn's Bennett member of National team at MOH Bowl

The rosters have been released for next week's Medal of Honor Bowl and former UConn offensive tackle Jimmy Bennett will be a member of the National team. Instead of his normal No. 72, he will wear No. 77 for the game being played a week from today.

Bennett started all 24 games at left tackle the last two years for UConn and the NFL Draft Bible site has Bennett projected to be fifth-round pick in the NFL draft.<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom