6. Wrecking Ball
7. Death to My Hometown
8. My City of Ruins
9. Spirit in the Night
10. Pink Cadillac (request)
11. Incident on 57th Street (request)
12. Point Blank
13. Because the Night
14. You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
15. Out in the Street
16. Shackled and Drawn
17. Waiting on a Sunny Day
18. For You (Solo Piano) (request)
19. The Rising
20. Badlands
21. Land of Hope and Dreams
22. Kitty's Back
23. Born To Run
24. Bobby Jean
25. Dancing in the Dark
26. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out

Reaction Score
Australian Pink Floyd @ The Calvin Theatre, Northampton MA Nov 8th.........

Don't miss it..............:)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That was a great show. No one delivers every show like Bruce does. The guy is incredible.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out since Clarence died, gotta imagine it's just not the same.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Haven't seen Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out since Clarence died, gotta imagine it's just not the same.

It's become the closer on the tour. When he gets to the line about Clarence joining the band the song just stops for about a minute while everyone pays tribute.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
To borrow a feature from TMQ: Sweet and Sour Song of the Concert

The band played the hell out of "Because the Night." Nile Lofgrin's solo almost brought the roof down again. That was sweet.

Opening for Neil Young when I see him in Bridgeport is Patti Smith. The only chance of hearing a decent song in that set has now been destroyed. That's sour.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Nils Lofgrin's solo almost brought the roof down again.

The hat was a nice touch. But looking at my avatar, you probably already knew my thoughts.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It's become the closer on the tour. When he gets to the line about Clarence joining the band the song just stops for about a minute while everyone pays tribute.
The film tribute to Clarence during that moment is awesome. I've seen it a few times, and they've either added some new ones, or I pick up on ones I didn't see previously each time I see it. One would think that that moment could get schlocky by doing it every show, but like Bruce himself, it always works because it is always real.

It's also notable that the moment of tribute ends with Clarence's nephew Jake Clemons, the new E Street sax player, blasting the signature sax line there. It's a nice touch to have him there, and he's a good player. He doesn't have Clarence's wind (not many do), so I think they were wise to go in a different direction with a full horn section. In a way, the new band is more like a combination of the E Street Band and The Seeger Sessions Band, in terms of the instrumentation.

"Kitty's Back" was the highlight for me last night, followed by the sweet solo piano version of "For You" and "Incident on 57th Street." Really nice to get those two tracks from The Wild, the Innocent... in the same show.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Opening for Neil Young when I see him in Bridgeport is Patti Smith. The only chance of hearing a decent song in that set has now been destroyed. That's sour.
I'll be there, too (although now regretting the UConn game conflict). I've been hearing great reviews of Neil's recent shows from friends across the country.

I hate what Patti Smith did with her new cover of "After the Goldrush." Uncharacteristically cloying to have those kids singing the revised refrain with her. I'm still looking forward to seeing her though. Even though her music is not in my wheelhouse, I consider her a legend and I've never seen her before, so I'm curious. That said, I'd rather have Los Lobos, the opener for some of his west coast dates.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That said, I'd rather have Los Lobos, the opener for some of his west coast dates.

They are great. They did a free show in Hamden a few summers ago. Might have been the best free show I've ever been to.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
They are great. They did a free show in Hamden a few summers ago. Might have been the best free show I've ever been to.
Ha! I was there, too. Sounds like we've probably been at a lot of the same shows over the years. The Dr. John show at that same park was also pretty sweet.

I also have a vague memory of Los Lobos playing one of the free concerts on the New Haven Green several years ago. I've seen them in so many different venues across the country, from small clubs to large festivals and everything in between and they always have a great energy.

Reaction Score
57th street and the piano version of For You were my favorites of the night. Great show, one of my favorite performances from the boss.

Reaction Score
I was there too. My wife is a crazed fan so I go along. Spent most of my time watching the hot chick in the audience second row right at center stage, watching her boogie all night. Had some real nice moves! She was with some balding fat guy that looked kinda like Michael Skakel. Although he didn't get pardoned in time, so it wasn't him. We were up in 213, and I said to my wife, don't you wish you married that fat guy instead of this fat guy? She agreed.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nice write-up of last night's show.

Liked when he said "Bruce has a history of playing great shows in Hartford." I've never seen him outside of Hartford, but that show at the Meadows a few years ago was pretty great, too.

Reaction Score
Been to 20+ Boss shows and never fortunate enough to see Incident, but have seen Rosie 3-4x.

Missed it, but treat 2 those there.

Holy ****, what a show.

1. HELD UP WITHOUT A GUN
2. Radio Nowhere
3. Jackson Cage
4. Hungry Heart
5. We Take Care of Our Own
6. Wrecking Ball
7. Death to My Hometown
8. My City of Ruins
9. Spirit in the Night
10. Pink Cadillac (request)
11. Incident on 57th Street (request)
12. Point Blank
13. Because the Night
14. You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
15. Out in the Street
16. Shackled and Drawn
17. Waiting on a Sunny Day
18. For You (Solo Piano) (request)
19. The Rising
20. Badlands
21. Land of Hope and Dreams
22. Kitty's Back
23. Born To Run
24. Bobby Jean
25. Dancing in the Dark
26. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out