Springs! | The Boneyard

Springs!

Reaction Score
Have ya seen this?
springs.jpeg

Reaction Score
I have high rebounding hopes for Richie. Seems to have a great instincts for where the ball will be.

Reaction Score
12' Club has to mean his head is up around the rim kind of hops.. If he keeps adding muscle/weight and developing those fast twitch muscles.. He's going to be an asset off the bench for DH.. Bangin' against the Bigs on our roster in practice will only help his game.. Stay tuned!!

Reaction Score
From what i've heard expect this kid to surprise a few people.
IMO for Springs it’s all about how much he can develop his offensive game. He has shown the potential to shoot, but it hasn’t materialized in game. He’s a face up scorer, so being able to stretch the defense will be huge if he wants to be more than just a rebounder/rim runner.

I think he’ll have a niche with his offensive rebounding no matter what, but there’s a wide range of outcomes beyond that. Hopefully he can keep progressing skill wise over time.

Reaction Score
Very excited about the depth of our frontcourt this year, even without Akok (although the one silver lining of a potentially delayed season is there's a better chance he can play). Slimmer Josh, the new Whaley we saw the last 10 games of last season, Adama, Richie, and maybe even a little Javonte Brown Ferguson mixed in is more depth at the 4 and 5 than we've had in years. This doesn't even figure in potential small ball lineups with Polley, Jackson, or Martin (if granted the waiver) at the 4.

Reaction Score
Very excited about the depth of our frontcourt this year, even without Akok (although the one silver lining of a potentially delayed season is there's a better chance he can play). Slimmer Josh, the new Whaley we saw the last 10 games of last season, Adama, Richie, and maybe even a little Javonte Brown Ferguson mixed in is more depth at the 4 and 5 than we've had in years. This doesn't even figure in potential small ball lineups with Polley, Jackson, or Martin (if granted the waiver) at the 4.
I think you might even see Springs at the 4 once in awhile.. His length and height suggest a 5..But from what I've seen on tape.. He looks like a SF in a Stretch 4's body.. Problem is we're stacked at the 4 and 5..So he'll have to win minutes through his versatility.. Game situation/foul trouble/injuries/skill development will all influence his minutes on the court in Yr1.. Will be fun to watch..Akok's availability will obviously dictate what happens with minutes at the 4..

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Man if I am Coles and Gaffney I am drooling about dishing for ally oop dunks on this team. Bouk, Jackson, Akok, and now Springs.

Reaction Score
I think you might even see Springs at the 4 once in awhile.. His length and height suggest a 5..But from what I've seen on tape.. He looks like a SF in a Stretch 4's body.. Problem is we're stacked at the 4 and 5..So he'll have to win minutes through his versatility.. Game situation/foul trouble/injuries/skill development will all influence his minutes on the court in Yr1.. Will be fun to watch

Right...I'm talking about both the 4 and 5 positions.

Reaction Score
Call him Jumpman. Just kidding. Hope he can contribute this year.

Reaction Score
He's obviously spent the off-season getting stronger. If he has also managed to develop a left hand and a serviceable jumper, he is going to surprise a lot of people. He'll find minutes just because of rebounding regardless. Really really needs a left hand though.

Not a lot on him other than here. I think he'll have great chemistry with Bouk when they're on the floor together.

Good looking FT stroke. Like his ability to 1-2 dribble drive from the wing at 6'9 225. Even has a spin move he looks to have used during AAU season. His post moves weren't very strong, but you have to think he's coming back with a more refined skill set.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
IMO for Springs it’s all about how much he can develop his offensive game. He has shown the potential to shoot, but it hasn’t materialized in game. He’s a face up scorer, so being able to stretch the defense will be huge if he wants to be more than just a rebounder/rim runner.

I think he’ll have a niche with his offensive rebounding no matter what, but there’s a wide range of outcomes beyond that. Hopefully he can keep progressing skill wise over time.
I agree with you that him just coming in and dominating the boards + being there for put backs / "easy" dunks would be a major plus in its own right. I can't count the amount of times someone has come in and done that against us OR opportunities we've missed because we didn't have someone who could do that. Keep in mind though that he came in as a young and raw guy. With that being said I think the redshirt year has done him well, and from what i've heard his shot has improved. I could DEFINITELY see him playing minutes at the 4 at some point.

Reaction Score
Richie Springs will a tough interior player right away, rebounding is his thing. In fact I'll jump and say that with this culture, and this roster, we will lead the BIG EAST in some sort of rebounding margins. Seems to me that towards the end of last year, we took it to Houston here at Gampel, helluva game, and they were nationally ranked in rebounding percentages. And that was last year, look at us now, I'm not even ready to talk about what Adama Sanogo is going to do on the boards.

Better get us now, is should've got us then, because now you too late :)

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I really want to know where his minutes come from. Personally hoping he backs up sanogo at center.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom