Springs: Did he play too well in the first half ... | The Boneyard

Springs: Did he play too well in the first half ...

Reaction Score
He got 10 minutes, idk who we would have wanted him to steal them from. Didn’t mind the guards getting heavy minutes, as it seems that’s where we’re still figuring things out. I think our 4/5 is pretty set rotation wise

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
He got 10 minutes, idk who we would have wanted him to steal them from. Didn’t mind the guards getting heavy minutes, as it seems that’s where we’re still figuring things out. I think our 4/5 is pretty set rotation wise
I was hoping to see more Springs at the 4 with Karaban sliding to the 3 and less Joey C minutes

Reaction Score
Sanogo, Clingan, and Karaban is super impressive but Springs is going to need minutes now with Samson in a walking boot. I thought he played well and could've gotten a few more minutes.

Reaction Score
Steal them from anybody (except Sanogo)!!!! He played with heart in the first. Most of the 10 were in the first where he played well and 2 of them were garbage in the 2nd where he didn't touch the ball. Not sure you noticed but our starting four was injured and Joey C isn't great. Why couldn't he have gotten real burn in the 2nd like he did in the first? Don't be complicit.

Reaction Score
I thought the same exact thing.
People pouring on Joey C. but I thought he looked better defensively this game thus more minutes. He hit a 3 and made a great dime to Karaban on the break. I think he will still get some minutes but it was nice to see a Springs sighting in non garbage time. Springs has a wide body too which is great inside.

Reaction Score
Liked his minutes, but Karban's fouls in the 1st half are what got him some extra time. If anything, it starts building trust with Hurley with positive in game minutes and good play.

Reaction Score
Steal them from anybody (except Sanogo)!!!! He played with heart in the first. Most of the 10 were in the first where he played well and 2 of them were garbage in the 2nd where he didn't touch the ball. Not sure you noticed but our starting four was injured and Joey C isn't great. Why couldn't he have gotten real burn in the 2nd like he did in the first? Don't be complicit.
Complicit?
I think that once Andre & Jordan are back, they’ll eat into a lot of the minutes Springs would get, even if Samson is going to miss time. He played well in the first. He’s also been here longer than anyone else on the team. I’m fairly confident the coaches know what they do & don’t have with Springs.

Reaction Score
Its great to see him get some loving...it wasnt that long ago someone on this sight bashed me for calling him a sleeper..great size and has some game to him...hmmnn...give him some time on court.

Reaction Score
The guys all seemed to rally around him. I think that's important. He made a great pass to Adama and showed touch. I don't know what more you could want from his lo limited touches. By far my favorite part of this game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Odd question but who was the last player who was #10 or deeper on the depth chart who was better than Springs?

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I was hoping to see more Springs at the 4 with Karaban sliding to the 3 and less Joey C minutes
Last 10 min I was screaming!!! Pull Joey C, give Sonago a rest, and gimme Clingan, Richie, and Karaban up front. I wanted to see that lineup get extended minutes together.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Would Springs be able to get some of the minutes AK got coming off the bench for SJ now that AK is a starter?

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Richie looked like he knew he could get to his spots tonight whenever he got the ball and wasn’t looking in need for a teammate to bail him out. Passed the eye test on offense. Defense is another story.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Odd question but who was the last player who was #10 or deeper on the depth chart who was better than Springs?
Off the top of my head but probably Terrance Samuel on the 2014 roster

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
His 10 minutes tonight equal (roughly) 20% of his career minutes so far.

Reaction Score
I think what we need to take away from Richies minutes…

The staff saw he can be trusted on the floor. And more importantly he showed he could play with Adama, and with great chemistry.

Let him grow from this night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom