Spring Game Tailgate Info? | The Boneyard

Spring Game Tailgate Info?

Reaction Score
Anybody know what time they will let us in the parking lots for some tailgating on the 21st? I thought I saw it somewhere, but can't find it. Was it at 2:00 or 5:00?

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
To honor the new era of UCONN football, a few friends and I are heading to the spring game for the first time. I'm hoping some spring game veterans can help me with some info. May we tailgate? If so, what time do the gates open? Are tickets required? Any other tips? Thanks!

Reaction Score
No tickets required and we have absolutely tailgated in the past... haven't seen what time gates open yet.

Reaction Score
I would assume tailgating starts no later than 2pm, since they mentioned having an apparel sale at 2pm at the stadium?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Another question for a tailgating noob: what's the annoying grill rule? I read the rules online and it says no "large grills." Does that just mean no standard sized grills? Can you only bring the little portable types?

Reaction Score
Another question for a tailgating noob: what's the annoying grill rule? I read the rules online and it says no "large grills." Does that just mean no standard sized grills? Can you only bring the little portable types?

Full size (no charcoal) grills are fine... have never seen an issue. There are talking about the industrial size/commercial models

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
To quote Billy Joel " cold beer bright lights"
Can't wait for Friday

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Interesting… Where did you see that? I wonder if it's a new rule.

My group has the over large grill or two that we tend to show up with…

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score

It's always been out there but never been an issue. We are fine.

Reaction Score

Yeah I've seen groups with enormous grills and it's never been a problem as long as it's propane. But I don't check the rules every year.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The no-large-grill rule has more to do with portability than it does size of grill. There are just as many 4 burner Webers as there are the portable green canister compatible 1 burner variety.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

Last year we had a tailgate of 35 and I contacted LAZ and had an extremely large sized gas grill that we brought via a trailer.

PM if you want the direct contact at LAZ.

Per our conversation this morning, we did ok for you to park with the one 6x6 trailer for your tailgating party of 35 this Saturday 9/17/2016 for the UCONN vs. Virginia game.

I would also recommend that if you are all meeting somewhere and coming in together, that you tie balloons or something to the vehicle that would easily identify your group.

If you should have any questions, please contact me at your convenience.

Reaction Score
Anybody know what time they will let us in the parking lots for some tailgating on the 21st? I thought I saw it somewhere, but can't find it. Was it at 2:00 or 5:00?
Picture from today sez lots open @ noon.
IMG_2386.JPG

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom