Spring game questions..... | The Boneyard

Spring game questions.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am planning on going to the spring game and have not been before. I do know that entrance is free and parking is free, but I was wondering , are all the lots open? Do they have people directing traffic to a particular parking lot? Also what about concessions, are they open, could you go buy a beer or food? I am planning a tailgate but you never know...

Reaction Score
They usually fill the lots as needed the times I have been to the game. Concessions were't open though.

Reaction Score
They generally only use blue lot for the game. Parking won't be a problem.

Reaction Score
They weren't? How'd I get that beer?
I didn't go last few years because I was in the firehouse. The year I went they weren't open, because if they were I would have had several to dull the pain of the 2nd/3rd degree burns I had after going through a floor at a fire in Chinatown...but then again Hathaway was still the AD and there was little to no mention of the game.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Not all the concession stands are open, but they are open. They fill up the Blue lots before going to the various grass lots and yes I do recall parking attendants. You may want to print your own roster. I recall there not be enough sheets to go around. At the same time Diaco has indicated he wants to run the scrimmage as close to a game as possible so the PA announcer may actually call a play recap. The last two years were painful. The Coaching staff seem annoyed that an fan would want to see actual football in the spring. They literally ran goal line runs for the first 18 minutes (maybe longer) of a 60:00 running time controlled scrimmage.

Reaction Score
Not all the concession stands are open, but they are open. They fill up the Blue lots before going to the various grass lots and yes I do recall parking attendants. You may want to print your own roster. I recall there not be enough sheets to go around. At the same time Diaco has indicated he wants to run the scrimmage as close to a game as possible so the PA announcer may actually call a play recap. The last two years were painful. The Coaching staff seem annoyed that an fan would want to see actual football in the spring. They literally ran goal line runs for the first 18 minutes (maybe longer) of a 60:00 running time controlled scrimmage.

After last year's game this will seem like a trip to Disney World for a 7 year old kid.

A dual national championship celebration would be nice. Either way, the teams need to be there to be recognized win or lose. I like whaler's suggestions. Have KO and Geno as honorary coaches.

Reaction Score
Thanks for all the information. Have been a season ticket holder for many years and ahve not been to the spring game beore. I have been gathering a group of friends to come on down and go to the "game". I cant wait to grill up some steaks, have a couple pops, sit in the sun and watch some football!! ahhh the good life!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You may want to print your own roster. I recall there not be enough sheets to go around.

Last year they only had printed rosters in one spot, not at every gate. If you can't find them, try looking for a canopy to the left of the scoreboard near Gate A.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Can't wait to go! As always, I will be there with my brother (also a season ticket holder) and my niece (who we are getting into football). Really looking forward to welcoming Coach Diaco and his staff and seeing the players again!

Reaction Score
Spring Game's Saturday, 4/12/14, yes? Should have a really really nice turnout with all that's going on with basketball early on in the week... Hopefully we get sunny skies that day... If so, we get 10-20k fans in there... that'd be nice...

Reaction Score
any idea on when the gates open for tailgating? I am assuming 2 hrs before gametime.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the fans will be able to go onto the field after the spring game like last year?

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Trying to work out the logistics of my son's nap. He goes down around for about 2 hours at 1:00. I say let him sleep in his car seat while we tailgate. My wife is not so keen on that idea.
I'm in the same situation.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Trying to work out the logistics of my son's nap. He goes down around for about 2 hours at 1:00. I say let him sleep in his car seat while we tailgate. My wife is not so keen on that idea.
Same boat here. Daughter goes down for nap between 12-1 and usually sleeps until 3. Considering just going late but wife is not a fan. Doesn't wanna mess with sleep schedule...women...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Sounds like you all need to go in on a babysitter! :)

Reaction Score
What is the biggest attendance turnout and can Diaco exceed that in his first spring game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom