Spring game 4/21 @ 7 pm (Parking lots open @ Noon) | The Boneyard

Spring game 4/21 @ 7 pm (Parking lots open @ Noon)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
They didn't give us the why, so we can only speculate.

Looking forward to it though.

Reaction Score
Saturday's in the spring are tough for families. With baseball, softball, soccer, and lacrosse starting up, they're probably trying to avoid that conflict. Personally, that's the first weekend of AAU baseball tournaments. So, I like the Friday night spring game. I think it may help get more people there. Just hoping my son isn't scheduled to play Friday night. Head bang

Reaction Score
I have to double check, think we'll be in Disney. If not that is a great date added time.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I was having a great night until that announcement. I had been planning force while to throw a huge tailgate, having ~20+ co-workers and their families to introduce prospective new fans to the product. That's out the window now.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of having to fight Friday Hartford traffic just to go to a Spring football exhibition. Saturday's are always much better. You got people on the move for the weekend plus the usual after work traffic and then add Husky fans trying to squeeze through the same outdated interchanges? Doesn't sound very appetizing to me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rather long flight and all, may you not suffer from Mumbai-revenge!

Been there, and it's not pleasant. I'll be packing a separate suitcase full of granola bars and pretzels. I'm less concerned about Mumbai than I am our overnight trip to Aurangabad.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Some folks will complain no matter what is done.

I think this gets more high school teams in for some spring ball action instead of missing because of their own spring games.
I also think we will see some former players there as well, which will be nice since they were displaced the past few years by FHCBD

Reaction Score
Been there, and it's not pleasant. I'll be packing a separate suitcase full of granola bars and pretzels. I'm less concerned about Mumbai than I am our overnight trip to Aurangabad.
Figured so; esp for your overnight trip, you'll surely buy your own water/liquids, avoid ice cubes (unknown H20 source), etc. Bon voyage!

Reaction Score
My initial thought is the spring game the last few years was about the same day and the sun was warm but the air was chilly. I imagine the games would not be as much fun if significantly colder. I will be there either way but imagine weather will determine attendance that night.

Reaction Score
If my memory serves me, I have had to miss spring games because of Little League season starting up and obviously games are on Saturdays.

Perhaps that is part of the reason?

Reaction Score
I hope curiosity for the new regime brings a nice turnout, but I can't see how fighting Friday Night traffic to sit in the cold beats Saturday Afternoon in The Spring? Seems like this would greatly limit tailgating opportunities for people who can't get out of work early or for those with kids who have practices/activities after school. Either way I hope its fun and you all get a good crowd.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
April 21st may as well be November 21st weather wise. This is quite strange. I'm sure they got feedback that people had bigger priorities Saturday afternoons in the spring.

Reaction Score
I've been going to the spring game for years, bringing my daughter with various friends/family. The favorite part for her has been playing on the field after the game. A few years ago the late night would not have allowed even going to the game. Now if they let you on the field after the game the lateness/cold weather will probably prohibit that. I preferred the Saturday but will try this format and hope for the best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom