Spring Ball is right around the corner... | The Boneyard

Spring Ball is right around the corner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Have we heard yet if there will be a spring game? Was the approach announced last year a long term strategy...or was that a one year thing done out of necessity?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Have we heard yet if there will be a spring game? Was the approach announced last year a long term strategy...or was that a one year thing done out of necessity?

Good question. I think we actually have enough players to conduct a game. I think a game motivates, they should bring it back...can they play on campus?

Reaction Score
Thought we’d have some S&C info at this stage. Critical period for young pups.

Reaction Score
It'd be kinda disappointing if there's no Spring game this year.. I'd rather not have media coverage reports at practices here and there (they seemed to turn out to be meaningless for the most part over the last 10 years) and see some in game type action.. Get assessments from that stuff instead..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just a thought: Spring practice used to be scheduled starting around St. Patrick's Day & ending & April 15th. Last season HCRE started in February & was done around St. Patrick's Day. Not many fans want to tailgate in MidMarch (except us diehards). PLUS, Randy wants to keep spring practice in gulag mode.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
As I was walking to Gampel last night from the parking lot behind the ice rink, I saw Matt King walking alone checking equipment in the Burton Center. It made me smile!!

Reaction Score
Just a thought: Spring practice used to be scheduled starting around St. Patrick's Day & ending & April 15th. Last season HCRE started in February & was done around St. Patrick's Day. Not many fans want to tailgate in MidMarch (except us diehards). PLUS, Randy wants to keep spring practice in gulag mode.

This is an advantage of not having a spring game, get through spring practice a month early and get everyone focused on weight lifting. If anyone gets injured during spring practice they now have an extra month to heal. Plus the football program saves $100,000. Also, because of the extra precautions for concussions, spring games aren't what they used to be anyway, its nothing more than an open practice. Not worth it IMO, spend the money on recruiting.

Reaction Score
And there it is, minutes after first practice concludes. Johnny, tell him what he won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom