Sportsmanship is alive!!! | The Boneyard

Sportsmanship is alive!!!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
USA Basketball gold medalists share memories from FIBA U17 World Cup, FIBA Americas U18 Championship

A chants encounter
Haley Jones, a 6-foot-1 undeclared senior wing at Archbishop Mitty (San Jose, California), scored 14 points as the U17 team routed France 92-40 in the final, concluding Team USA's 7-0 run.

After the win against France, the Americans rode the bus back to their team hotel. When they got close, Jones and her teammates noticed a crowd gathered outside in front of the hotel.

"These girls are pointing at us and seem to be screaming," said Jones, who was named to the all-tournament team. "We're like, 'What's happening? Why are they pointing at us?' "

Once they got off the bus, the U.S. players recognized many of their opponents from the tournament, including athletes from China, Mali, Latvia and Japan.

"U-S-A! U-S-A!" came the serenade.

Jones and her teammates were stunned at the display of sportsmanship, but they quickly reacted.

"We started chanting 'USA!' with them," Jones said. "And then we all started taking videos and pictures. And we were all jumping up and down, too."

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
USA Basketball gold medalists share memories from FIBA U17 World Cup, FIBA Americas U18 Championship

A chants encounter
Haley Jones, a 6-foot-1 undeclared senior wing at Archbishop Mitty (San Jose, California), scored 14 points as the U17 team routed France 92-40 in the final, concluding Team USA's 7-0 run.

After the win against France, the Americans rode the bus back to their team hotel. When they got close, Jones and her teammates noticed a crowd gathered outside in front of the hotel.

"These girls are pointing at us and seem to be screaming," said Jones, who was named to the all-tournament team. "We're like, 'What's happening? Why are they pointing at us?' "

Once they got off the bus, the U.S. players recognized many of their opponents from the tournament, including athletes from China, Mali, Latvia and Japan.

"U-S-A! U-S-A!" came the serenade.

Jones and her teammates were stunned at the display of sportsmanship, but they quickly reacted.

"We started chanting 'USA!' with them," Jones said. "And then we all started taking videos and pictures. And we were all jumping up and down, too."

After that game, Bueckers and her teammates retreated to their hotel rooms on the 13th floor, where many players from other countries dropped by hoping to exchange gear.

Paige Bueckers, - "I loved my USA gear -- it was hard to give it away," Bueckers said. "But I ended up convincing myself to give away a pair of spandex, a sports bra, my old USA pants and a jacket".

"Everybody was trying to trade with us. I traded for a pair of Australia shorts, a Latvia T-shirt and a France jacket. I got to meet a lot of players from other teams, and they made me feel famous because they all wanted photos."

"I had the impression [before the trip] that no one liked the U.S., but they all loved us. They were all really nice."

I wonder how long it will be before CW & ONO realize how many UConn fans they have across the country, and how much we love them (and the rest of the team)? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom