Sports on Earth: Stewart - The Best Ever? | The Boneyard

Sports on Earth: Stewart - The Best Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Excellent, thanks

(as an aside, there is a small error in the article, which will be fixed shortly).

That was quick, there was a typo in her name, but now fixed.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great article indeed. Thanks for the link!

Reaction Score
How do you like that expression on Chiney's face?--sort of like, Oh, no, not again!

So, who can defend Stewie?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
A super well researched and written piece.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Great piece! If Stewie's parents keep scrapbooks, those shelves must be groaning by now....and they will need to make more space, because she's just getting ramped up.....

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
At the very end of the SMU rout, Brianna Pulido made a shot that looked like it was a 3 point basket. The UConn bench jumped w/ joy and elation, then suddenly realized the normal "high five person" for made 3's was in the game. Did you notice who enthusiastically went down the bench high-fiving each player and manager...? ;) That's right, Stewie..:rolleyes: Ya gotta love that kid..!

T

TroyHouse66

Stu-EEE!
I just enjoy watching her perform at geometrically impossible angles...
[It's enough to send a graduate kinesthesiologist off to Flat's in Coventry or Shaboo in Willi (or wherever the troops head to these days...)]
She, oft times, seems to be a combination of Satchel Paige pitching and Ichiro batting... (How do they do that at that angle of intersect?)
All ...flying arms, flailing legs, crooked neck, flapping ponytail, twisty spine, and largely unpredictable landing zones.
as Geno pointed out, several times, (in paraphrase) "Sometimes she just falls down.."

Reaction Score
That's why in 2016 Stewie in the Olympics on an International stage, With Diana, Maya, EDD, and Brittany, can take women's basketball to the next stage.

T

TroyHouse66

DavidinNaples:
<<At the very end of the SMU rout... the normal "high five person" ...was in the game. ... who enthusiastically went down the bench high-fiving .... Stewie..>>

Also noted:
She had to keep her elbows down at her waist level, so that everyone could reached her palms.
(Now, they used to say of large, playful puppies... "Wait until they grow into those feet." What happens if this one grows into her arms?)

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"I would like to commit if you'd take me," the No. 1 recruit in the country told the coaching staff, without a hint of insincerity.

I would loved to have been a fly on the wall when that statement was made..... :)

Do you think Geno and CD said, 'Well, we'll think about it.'

Reaction Score
We've been so lucky for so long it's just soooooo ridiculous. Not only do we get to see all-time greats which we are witnessing now with the continual growth of Stewie., but we get the privelage of watching other players grow from "little" to something special. For example, I'm just as pumped for Stokes as I am for Stewie. Tell me now, does anyone think that Kiah Stokes won't be a professional player? Of course- she needs to continually work and grow etc . . . But do you "doubt" it won't happen after what we've seen this year?

As for Stewie- we have the luck of watching two more years of just supreme play. What's so incredible is; the UCONN staff gave her incredible gaurds, wings and big players which "allow her" to grow. And her presence allows the others to grow. SO we get to see Kiah Stokes etc imrpvoe. Waht a great "bounce back year" Bria is having etc. It's all an amazing/vicious cycle.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Stewie hitting shots in the BET championship game last season was worth the price of admission. Her countenance, often subdued and lost, finally revealed the smiles. Even though UConn suffered yet another gut-punching loss, it became evident over the course of the tourney that something had changed. For UConn to rout ND with a freshman scoring 29 was as sweet as could be. We'll always love Stewie for that, but we'll admire her for the player she evolves into. She already glides in mid-air like Maya. She's stepped up in critical moments- could she become as clutch as Diana? What will she do when more and more teams develop strategies to stop her? Will she overcome such obstacles better than Brittney Griner? Will she become a young woman with the character and generosity of Tamika Catchings?

The answers to those questions starts today against a top five national team. In just over two hours, we'll find out a tiny bit more how great Breanna Stewart can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom