Sports Illustrated: Top NBA Draft Prospects Returning to School | The Boneyard

Sports Illustrated: Top NBA Draft Prospects Returning to School

Reaction Score

James Bouknight, UConn

Arguably the most intriguing, would-be eligible prospect not to declare for the 2020 draft, Bouknight made massive strides in the second half of UConn’s season and will walk into a brighter spotlight as a sophomore, as the Huskies exit the AAC and return to the Big East. In terms of long-term potential, Bouknight already had a case as a first-rounder, with a demonstrable level of maturity for a freshman and a high-end, natural level of smoothness and explosive athleticism. He remained under the radar for much of the season, but in a live setting, he’s hard to miss. Bouknight must continue to add strength and improve his shooting off the dribble, but has real breakout potential in year two as a multidimensional scoring guard who can play on and off the ball and contribute in a variety of situations. It’s unlikely he’s a secret much longer.

Reaction Score
I posted this before. After the Houston/Nova/Wichita stretch, our team identity changed some--it seemed to be a turning point for the team. Rique took his time off, and the reigns went to the younger guys. During those last 13 games Bouk averaged

17.2 points
5.1 rebounds
1.5 assists
1.7 TO
0.9 steals

45% FG
36% 3FG (3.8 attempts)
86% FT (4.5 attempts!!)

Those numbers are fantastic for a freshman. A freshman that wasn't even on draft boards! I think that would get him first-round attention without any improvement next year over the course of the season. But getting stronger, improving his defensive IQ, and adding some passing to his game could make him one of the first sophomores picked next year IMO. He has work to do, but could very well be the best sophomore we've had in years.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Whoa. I don't like that opening line one bit. No.

Reaction Score
I hope you are right but he looks like a first round pick to me . He could easily be a 2 year player for us,

Reaction Score
I hate when secrets are revealed, especially our secrets.

Since we're after the entry deadline, it's now fine to say he's incredible and will be likely a mid 1st rounder next year.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I posted this before. After the Houston/Nova/Wichita stretch, our team identity changed some--it seemed to be a turning point for the team. Rique took his time off, and the reigns went to the younger guys. During those last 13 games Bouk averaged

17.2 points
5.1 rebounds
1.5 assists
1.7 TO
0.9 steals

45% FG
36% 3FG (3.8 attempts)
86% FT (4.5 attempts!!)

Those numbers are fantastic for a freshman. A freshman that wasn't even on draft boards! I think that would get him first-round attention without any improvement next year over the course of the season. But getting stronger, improving his defensive IQ, and adding some passing to his game could make him one of the first sophomores picked next year IMO. He has work to do, but could very well be the best sophomore we've had in years.
He's going to be unbelievable, easily in the top 10 conversation.

Reaction Score
Since we're after the entry deadline, it's now fine to say he's incredible and will be likely a mid 1st rounder next year.
Absolutely. The people "upset" in this thread are the ones who want him coming back for his junior year

Reaction Score
He won’t be here junior year. He is definitely surrounded by smart people because he knew what he needed to do. Some would’ve said declare early but he didn’t. Sky is the limit

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom