Sports Bar in Storrs Center- Why not? | The Boneyard

Sports Bar in Storrs Center- Why not?

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
I have been following the development of Storrs Center since the first hole was dug. The fact that we still don't have a Sports bar there is an absolute sham. Has anyone heard any progress on this? We are approaching the final commercial development lots, and I have seen nothing.

You'd think a campus with 30,000 plus students would have more than 3 bars. The True Blue Tavern may not even exist soon as the University has acquired The Nathan Hale. There is still a market share for Sports Bars in town, and I think one, or even two, would be critical to the livelihood of Storrs Center. It is one of my biggest beefs with Storrs, compared to other great college towns that have a myriad of places to go.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
@MASSconn there is a new Wings Express that opened this fall, which I believe is similar to a Buffalo Wild Wings.

I do agree though that another bar in the area would be a home run. Especially if they are planning on putting a hotel over there. Is it possible the high school being there has something to do with it?

Reaction Score
The market is there for more bars, no question.

Zoning of Storrs Center prohibits bars and night clubs.

If not for campus owned property there would be no bars at all. Mansfield is not very welcoming of college kids off campus.

Approval for a brew pub use is making it's way through PZC now. We'll see if they will kill that, too.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
The market is there for more bars, no question.

Zoning of Storrs Center prohibits bars and night clubs.

If not for campus owned property there would be no bars at all. Mansfield is not very welcoming of college kids off campus.

Approval for a brew pub use is making it's way through PZC now. We'll see if they will kill that, too.

I pray it goes through. We need Storrs to be a municipality. Mansfield is the lamest town in America.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom