OT: - OT- sports and injuries | The Boneyard

OT: OT- sports and injuries

Reaction Score
This is getting old. Seems like all my favorite teams are done in by injuries even before the season gets going. Over half the Yankees team is on the dl and the season just started.

Reaction Score
This is getting old. Seems like all my favorite teams are done in by injuries even before the season gets going. Over half the Yankees team is on the dl and the season just started.

The other halves bats should go on the damn DL, they are totally injured.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

the entire league is hurt. the age of specialization has its risks.

Reaction Score
the entire league is hurt. the age of specialization has its risks.
I would be surprised if they have as many key players out but I haven't looked around the league. Giancarlo, Didi, Tulo, Severino, Betances, Andujar, Hicks, CC. I don't count Ellsbury because he's been injured for a decade.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I would be surprised if they have as many key players out but I haven't looked around the league. Giancarlo, Didi, Tulo, Severino, Betances, Andujar, Hicks, CC. I don't count Ellsbury because he's been injured for a decade.

i play in a hard core AL fantasy league. everyone is hurt.

Reaction Score
Lot of research on injuries, and i'm not sure there's a great answer "why" yet.

Bigger, stronger athletes than ever before. To me this is the most important. More stress on the body every night than there was 30 years ago.

Specialization early.

Overwork throughout their youth and career.

Probably more to add I can't think of.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Lot of research on injuries, and i'm not sure there's a great answer "why" yet.

Bigger, stronger athletes than ever before. To me this is the most important. More stress on the body every night than there was 30 years ago.

Specialization early.

Overwork throughout their youth and career.

Probably more to add I can't think of.

I think it’s that simple. So fined tuned and 100% effort.

Reaction Score
No one gets dehydrated at stardate 41263.7. Anyways, @Palatine call out thread.
Close. I said no one should get dehydrated. Given the science available to today's teams and athletes, getting dehydrated is a preventable sin.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Close. I said no one should get dehydrated. Given the science available to today's teams and athletes, getting dehydrated is a preventable sin.

I believe you blamed the coaching staff for it though.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

But the Red Sox are healthy!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
But the Red Sox are healthy!

yeah they came out and said they arent going to push their guys in april and may because they pitched late into last year

Reaction Score
Yeah like I really trust the Yankees medical team to be right on Andujar being able to avoid surgery on a torn labrum :eek:, btw Bird had this injury avoided surgery and then needed the surgery and missed all of the 2016 seson.

Reaction Score
And right on cue Clint Frazier is day to day with a sprained ankle. Make it stop, never seen anything like this.
The 2019 New York Yankees’ Bad Injury Luck Is Virtually Unprecedented

Just an awful job by him on the base paths last night. I mean he didn't slide into 2nd on a double almost was out because of it and he almost tripped himself doing so. Then trying to get back again on a pickoff attempt immediately after he didn't dive and twisted his ankle i mean wtf do these kids even know how to actually play baseball anymore? He can hit, one of the quickest bats ever I've seen but again these guys are fundamentally weak, not just him it's a lot of baseball crazy to see. His potential injury is not bad luck its bad base running.:eek:

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Injury's in baseball. Go figure. Slide into second. Ut oh...strawberry. Out for 30. There has to be some very dangerous events to make me a believer. 2 players collide?Sure.Outfielder slams against the wall.It happens. Hit by a pitch? Ask Judge. Then there is the "give him a rest". What? I was excited and thought it was going to be a trio of sports delight. Yankees crap out second half of the season.Well 2-3 before the all star break. Giants were a bust. Although Barkley bought some excitement. Then our boys. Total disappointment. A few thrillers but not much to get excited about.

Reaction Score
Just an awful job by him on the base paths last night. I mean he didn't slide into 2nd on a double almost was out because of it and he almost tripped himself doing so. Then trying to get back again on a pickoff attempt immediately after he didn't dive and twisted his ankle i mean wtf do these kids even know how to actually play baseball anymore? He can hit, one of the quickest bats ever I've seen but again these guys are fundamentally weak, not just him it's a lot of baseball crazy to see. His potential injury is not bad luck its bad base running.:eek:

And just like that Frazier headed to the DL, so dumb. Whatever I'm just gonna look at the team thats on the field now, honestly I think the team can get by without Stanton and Andujar as Urshela has played great D and puts the bat on the ball won't put up numbers like Andujar but has more plate discipline. The Judge injury of course hurts and obviously getting back Severino and Betances would be huge.

Reaction Score
And now the injured players are getting injured rehabbing their injuries.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom