OT: - OT- sports and injuries | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: OT- sports and injuries

Reaction Score
And now the injured players are getting injured rehabbing their injuries.

Crazy they ever gave Hicks that contract a highly unusually bad move on a consistently injured player. Like him but he's 90-100 games a year guy can't pay him like that for that long.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Players are bigger, stronger, warm-up less, and take less infield. Just like a preventive control is better than detective, preparing to play is far more beneficial to prevent a lingering injury than getting post game therapy.

Reaction Score
Crazy they ever gave Hicks that contract a highly unusually bad move on a consistently injured player. Like him but he's 90-100 games a year guy can't pay him like that for that long.

Yeah it is, crazy how Cashman could be such a genius with moves but can lack common sense, at least wait till about mid season and see how things play out, you already have Frazier and Florial in the system probably a year away. Back injuries you just never know, Don Mattingly was never the same when he had them. The Severino extension I won't kill him for.

Reaction Score
Where Cashman went wrong the last couple seasons was that in 2017 & 2018 deciding playoff game C.C. Sabathia took the mound. I understand why in 2017, but to make the same mistake in 2018, inconceivable to me. I understand they brought in Paxton this year, but I would demand to go get Bumgarner or another top pitcher, your wasting years, just go get the guy who is going to put you over the top.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Where Cashman went wrong the last couple seasons was that in 2017 & 2018 deciding playoff game C.C. Sabathia took the mound. I understand why in 2017, but to make the same mistake in 2018, inconceivable to me. I understand they brought in Paxton this year, but I would demand to go get Bumgarner or another top pitcher, your wasting years, just go get the guy who is going to put you over the top.

Bumgarner is not that guy anymore. Nobody really is.

The Rays might go to the playoffs off of just the haul they got for Archer - who is the kind of guy 10 years ago teams would have targeted to put themselves over the top.

Game is about depth - and the key to depth is players with options.

Mariners have already used 36 players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom