Sporting News Take on Latest ACC Move | The Boneyard

Sporting News Take on Latest ACC Move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Makes our situation sound even more bleak. We hold none of the cards and unless we can somehow change the perception of our programs (not sure if that's possible) we might honestly be stuck in the Big Quagmire Conference long term. I guess we will just have to figure out how to make the best of it.

Reaction Score
I love this part:

"Louisville ranks No. 48 among Nielsen markets, and the Cardinals do not own all of that. There is a substantial penetration of Kentucky fans in the city and its suburbs. When The Courier-Journal surveyed Louisville residents in 2005 regarding their favorite team, 33 percent chose UK and 57 percent went for the Cardinals. You know what 57 percent of the No. 48 market is? It’s Shreveport. "

Reaction Score
I love this part:

"Louisville ranks No. 48 among Nielsen markets, and the Cardinals do not own all of that. There is a substantial penetration of Kentucky fans in the city and its suburbs. When The Courier-Journal surveyed Louisville residents in 2005 regarding their favorite team, 33 percent chose UK and 57 percent went for the Cardinals. You know what 57 percent of the No. 48 market is? It’s Shreveport. "
10% of the fans in their home city don't like either UK or UL? Srsly? I'd jump out my window if someone could prove 10% of Hartford residents were not UConn fans. Or even UConn/Yale fans.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I've been there on business a number of times. Indiana (as that state is right across the river) has a surprising number of fans there. Nowhere near as many as UL or UK but a credible number none the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom