Sporting News College Football Magazine... | The Boneyard

Sporting News College Football Magazine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First to hit the news stands. UConn projected to finished 8th & no bowl appearance.
In Order: 1. UCF 2. Cinci 3. Houston 4. E. Carolina 5. SMU 6. Tulane 7. Tulsa 8. UConn 9. USF 10. Memphis 11. Temple

Reaction Score
Interesting, with the exception of Cincinatti, the merger of the teams from old BE with C-USA find the old BE teams projected to complete the season in the lower third of AAC conference.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm going to be bold with my next statement, but that list from Sporting News is just lazy. They've essentially taken last years finishes and put them in order into this year's projections. But there are so many things that I think are wrong with those projections:

1) I don't believe UCF is going to lead this conference this year. You don't lose Bortles and Johnson and expect to be the same team that pasted Baylor. They'll still be good, but they're not winning it all.

2) Tulane will stink, and I think Tulsa will also.

3) Way too many people are sleeping on Temple. I think that they are going to turn the ship around. I also think that USF is going to turn the ship around.

4) Houston is the team to beat. There's no doubt in my mind. UCF and Cincy lost so much this past year. Houston has just about everyone back from last year, which is incredible when you think about it.

UConn's going 13-0. But right after them will likely be Houston...

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Houston is going to be really good, I think O'Korn might be the next big pro QB prospect from the American. Great size, pretty athletic, and played VERY well as a true freshman after winning the state title in Florida. Crazy that one of the Florida schools couldn't keep a kid like this home.

Reaction Score
These low expectations for UConn are primarily predicated on us not being able to turn this leaking freghter around in time. That's fine, and may be prudent thinking by the magazine editors but if we beat BYU all bets are off. That game sets the tone for everything: the season, Diaco's impact, and our image in the football world. No pressure though.:)

Reaction Score
Just the fact that we start the season off with a huge name at HOME should be helping the preparation for the whole season IMO. BYU is to Diaco as MSU in Germany was to Ollie. Let's see if lightening strikes twice.

Reaction Score
For the first time in a long time, I have no idea how UConn will be. I've been wrong before, but this year I just have no sense. Gut feeling is that we'll get 6 wins, but I could also see us really struggling out of the gate and losing some bad games before righting the ship. Unfortunately, the easier conference games come early. But right now I only have 2 wins for sure. Army and Stony Brook, with Memphis a likely win, too. Lots depends on how quickly everyone adapts to the new systems and new approaches.

Reaction Score
These low expectations for UConn are primarily predicated on us not being able to turn this leaking freghter around in time. That's fine, and may be prudent thinking by the magazine editors but if we beat BYU all bets are off. That game sets the tone for everything: the season, Diaco's impact, and our image in the football world. No pressure though.:)

Beating BYU the first game of the year would be one of the biggest upsets of the first part of the college football season. BYU out the gate is a terrible match-up for us. Hope I'm wrong.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom