Sport injury article Is this really true for 15--19 age | The Boneyard

Sport injury article Is this really true for 15--19 age

Reaction Score
Why Tommy John Is Against the Surgery Named for Him

A bit scary for me because all sports revolve around the Uconn Women . The image of those in the age group of many UC freshmen who play AAU, HS, USA, College 12 months for many years.

it's getting worse and worse..........one of my daughter's teammates just coming back from a year of ACL rehab just tore her other ACL a few weeks ago...........our tallest female volleyball player (a freshman) just tore her ACL during a game last week..........her sister who was a pretty good DI BBall prospect tore both of her ACLs during her recent high school career..........one of the school's star soccer players with multiple DI offers just damaged her hip and needs surgery and is out for the season.............my daughter has recovered from a meniscus tear, patella tendinitis, a partially herniated disc and a concussion in the past year...........sad to say I'm the designated dad to call for the list of recommended doctors in our high school area .............

Reaction Score
There is simply no "offseason" for the bodies of these young athletes to heal. Minor sprains, tears, strains, etc happen all the time. In the past, the rest we received in the "offseason" was sufficient enough for the body to heal itself. Now, kids are just pushed far too hard and minor injuries turn into significant injuries simply from overuse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom