Spoilers- Olympic tennis | The Boneyard

Spoilers- Olympic tennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Serena is about to put the finishing touches on Wozniacki and move on to the semis. No surprise there; Caroline has absolutely no weapons with which to threaten Serena.

Djokovic has broken Jo-Willy in the first set.

Yesterday was a glorious day of tennis, and today promises to be top notch as well.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Serena rolls, faces Azarenka in the Semis. Go Serena! Get that gold for Team USA.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Novak rolls, setting up an Andy Murray-Novak semifinal. Should be an excellent match.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The adorable Maria Kirilenko upsets Kvitova to punch her ticket to the semis. The last QF of the day is the showdown of two four-time slam winners: Clijsters and Sharapova. Federer-Isner is also on tap.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Federer takes the first set from Isner. Del Potro appears to be on his way to punching his ticket to the semis.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Fed-DelPo Novak-Murray all set. Maria-Kim just kicked off.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Serena rolls, faces Azarenka in the Semis. Go Serena! Get that gold for Team USA.

Go Serena!! I need to watch her previous match on replay. Looks as though she was firing on all cylinders, with turbochargers thrown in for good measure. She said herself she played 'unbelieavable'.... definitely worth a watch.

Keep it up !

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Maria crushed Kim in the first set. One set away from two hot Russians named Maria in the semis!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Williams sisters rolled in their first set of QF doubles play.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Williams sisters roll in the second set as well, and yes Virginia, there is an all-Maria semifinals match! That's good watchin'!

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Serena is about to put the finishing touches on Wozniacki and move on to the semis. No surprise there; Caroline has absolutely no weapons with which to threaten Serena.

Djokovic has broken Jo-Willy in the first set.

Yesterday was a glorious day of tennis, and today promises to be top notch as well.

How the hell can any tennis day be glorious when Venus loses?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
How the hell can any tennis day be glorious when Venus loses?
Because every round of 16 singles match (men's and women's) was played, with everything on the line, with the extra tension of best-of-three sets for the men, and at the All England Club at Wimbledon on top of that? No matter the outcome of any individual match, that was glorious. Rarely have I been happier I work from home.

Tomorrow we have both men's and women's semis, which are four tremendous matchups:

Murray vs. Djokovic- the headliner. It's going to be pandemonium at Wimbledon. And BTW, Murray may get more of a homecourt advantage than he does at the Wimby tourney; far rowdier fans.

Serena-Azarenka- the world #1 vs the best player in the world

Federer-Del Potro- rematch of the 2009 US Open final, a match Federer will never forget...or forgive

Sharapova-Kirilenko- two beatiful Russians battling for a spot in the gold medal match. The most aesthetically pleasing match of the day

I mean, how can you not be pumped up for that?

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Because every round of 16 singles match (men's and women's) was played, with everything on the line, with the extra tension of best-of-three sets for the men, and at the All England Club at Wimbledon on top of that? No matter the outcome of any individual match, that was glorious. Rarely have I been happier I work from home.

Tomorrow we have both men's and women's semis, which are four tremendous matchups:

Murray vs. Djokovic- the headliner. It's going to be pandemonium at Wimbledon. And BTW, Murray may get more of a homecourt advantage than he does at the Wimby tourney; far rowdier fans.

Serena-Azarenka- the world #1 vs the best player in the world

Federer-Del Potro- rematch of the 2009 US Open final, a match Federer will never forget...or forgive

Sharapova-Kirilenko- two beatiful Russians battling for a spot in the gold medal match. The most aesthetically pleasing match of the day

I mean, how can you not be pumped up for that?

Well, ok, but you COULD make a sorrowful bow for a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom