Spoiler Alert: Women's Gymnastics

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
GABBY WINS THE ALL-AROUND GOLD !!!!!

LINK

WOOOO HOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oly_g_douglasg3_576.jpg

London-2012-Olympic-gold--008.jpg

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Saw that- need to watch that later tonight. I knew she had it in her, but happy to see her execute at that level. She's an inspiration.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
A touch on the High Beam stopped the Aly Raisman from winning a medal She did tie for the Bronze Medal but lost it under tie breaking procedures.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Gabby has something special in her. She'll be a huge inspiration to many girls worldwide.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Saw that- need to watch that later tonight. I knew she had it in her, but happy to see her execute at that level. She's an inspiration.
Gabby has been the most consistent all meet.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
bummer - tied for 3rd they shoulda given both a bronze...

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Yea, it's not like they don't do that in other sports already.

It is not particularly consistent among sports.

In team sports, there is a bronze medal game.
In tennis, there is a bronze medal match.
In track and field, however, if two runners are tied, I believe they are both awarded bronze medals. Same goes for swimming.
In figure skating, I believe the higher finisher in the long program is the tiebreaker.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

In track and field, however, if two runners are tied, I believe they are both awarded bronze medals. Same goes for swimming.
In figure skating, I believe the higher finisher in the long program is the tiebreaker.

In addtion, I seem to remember that when skaters tie on overall scores for a particular program, the artistic scores trump the technical merit scores as a tiebreaker. Could be mistaken.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

I remember boxers (at least it used to be this way), losers of the semi's both got bronze.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I will say I think Komova (?) got low-balled on her floor exercise. The final margin of victory was way too high. She needed a 15.333 to win and got a 15.038 if my math is right. A 15.333 would have been tough, but her score should have been higher.

Reaction Score
I will say I think Komova (?) got low-balled on her floor exercise. The final margin of victory was way too high. She needed a 15.333 to win and got a 15.038 if my math is right. A 15.333 would have been tough, but her score should have been higher.

I was so nervous after Komova finished her floor because I felt like she had done so well. I don't remember her starting difficulty, but her score seemed a little low. That dismount on vault proved to be her undoing.

Congrats to Gabby!! She's a true inspiration. She wasn't in the discussion of the all around a year ago and look at her now! Truly incredible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom