Splitting Our Naismith Vote! We are Doomed? | The Boneyard

Splitting Our Naismith Vote! We are Doomed?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I know how teams work these situations on Survivor, but I'm not bright enough to come up with anything about having Gabby and Katie Lou on the Naismith ballot. Lou, wait til next year, we are voting for Gabby and against Geno's opinion about the best player in the nation? Gabby is fabulous and our senior, but Lou is the glue. There's a biblical parable about this stuff, well sorta like this stuff. What to do? Galvanize the student body; better, cuz A'ja's school will probably not let them enter the cafeteria line before they vote. We need creative thinking and a lot of noise!!!!

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
I remember when I was a young fellow and Victor McLaglen (The Informer) winning the 1935 Oscar over three nominees from Mutiny on the Bounty. Frankie's mother forgave him, so it was okay.

It is so comforting to have enough top performers that this (Gabulous vs. The "GLOU") could be a problem.

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, the Fan Vote counts for a very small percentage of the overall "calculus" that will be used to make the selection for the Naismith Player of the Year Award. So, in theory it really may not make an incredible amount of difference. We know there is a "pre-ordained one" on the list, so that will be the toughest thing to go up against. I don't believe we will ever get every BY member to vote for one of our 2 candidates...although focusing everyone's effort toward one player would be the best "strategy."

That said... I mentioned in the "Vote for our Huskies" thread... I believe people need to vote for the player they believe most deserves the award regardless of what year they are in school (Senior, Junior...). We know that "next year" is not guaranteed. We've seen it throughout WCBB especially this year, so many injuries, so many seasons taken away from players and their teams, and if they do qualify for a medical red shirt, who knows if they will return to play with the same level of game that they had before.

I will continue to vote for the person I believe is the Best Player...with no regard to what class she is in...but I can state that she plays for the University of Connecticut.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I know how teams work these situations on Survivor, but I'm not bright enough to come up with anything about having Gabby and Katie Lou on the Naismith ballot. Lou, wait til next year, we are voting for Gabby and against Geno's opinion about the best player in the nation? Gabby is fabulous and our senior, but Lou is the glue. There's a biblical parable about this stuff, well sorta like this stuff. What to do? Galvanize the student body; better, cuz A'ja's school will probably not let them enter the cafeteria line before they vote. We need creative thinking and a lot of noise!!!!

Vote for the one with the best chance to win - Lou!

Reaction Score
Vote for the one with the best chance to win - Lou!
Frankly I agree with SVCBeercats. While I think it's GREAT that both Gabby and Lou are finalists for the Naismith Player of the Year Award, I fear that's as far as it will go for either of them, because 0f (1) "Ms. Pre-Ordained", and (2) Splitting the UConn Faithful vote.

If WE want to do all we can do to help one of our players win this award, I agree we need to target one... and the one that's been "mentioned" in the NPOY conversations throughout the season is Lou. Yes, Gabby has gotten a lot of deserved recognition for being the most athletic player in College Basketball, but that's not the same as NPOY.

PLEASE VOTE... Every Day...from Every device you have.

Reaction Score
Lou definitely more deserving than Gabby. While I'll vote Lou, I'm afraid this award is all but wrapped up for Wilson. Lou needed some HUGE tournament games but she's actually gone the other way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom