Spelling bee champ Zaila Avant-garde finally meets her basketball idol, Moriah Jefferson | The Boneyard

Spelling bee champ Zaila Avant-garde finally meets her basketball idol, Moriah Jefferson

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
“She came and said hello to me and that’s really big,” Avant-garde said. “She was the first female basketball player that I ever saw when I first started. I watch her videos every day. So that means a lot.” Jefferson also spent time with her after the game, an 80-59 Dallas loss, taking pictures and trying to pick up some of Avant-garde’s basketball skills.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
“She came and said hello to me and that’s really big,” Avant-garde said. “She was the first female basketball player that I ever saw when I first started. I watch her videos every day. So that means a lot.” Jefferson also spent time with her after the game, an 80-59 Dallas loss, taking pictures and trying to pick up some of Avant-garde’s basketball skills.
There’s nothing like meeting your idol in person and up close. Getting to talk to them even for a brief moment is an experience that will last a lifetime.

Who was your childhood hero that you would have liked to meet in person?

Reaction Score
I never met my idol. I would pray that someday he would come down from the heavens to greet me. 55 years and I’m still waiting. Superman where are you? Why have you forsaken me?

Reaction Score
I grew up on a 160 acre farm in rural Illinois - our nearest neighbor lived a mile away. Predictably, my childhood idol was my dad. Our barn burned down one winter and we moved to SoCal. I went to jr high & senior high there and spent so much time trying to figure out the transition from IL to CA i didn't have time for idols (went from a class of 17 to a class of 450+). By the time i hit UCSB i was past the time for idols. For awhile i RESPECTED Shackelton, Amundson, and my great uncle Lincoln Ellsworth in the 70s when i was living in McKinley Park; but by and large I've grown up without idols in my life (not a good thing or a bad thing as far as i'm concerned, it is what it is.)

(Sorry for the length of the post.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom